Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Broken Hammer SDK

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Kosuki, Sep 27, 2012

1. Apr 14, 2011
    :Mountfilesystem ( 442 ) failed: SteamMountFilesystem( 6840, 254, 0x1189fbe8=,0x1189fad8 ) failed with error 116: Cache needs repair
  2. Mar 16, 2008
    Right click on SDK in your library and click properties > repair cache
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Apr 14, 2011
      Already did that. I am uninstalling it and reinstalling
    • Nov 11, 2011
      That happened to me. I'm telling you, it's your memory. Run a mem diag test and it'll tell you if you're mem is bad. All your errors are point blank memory problems.
    • Apr 14, 2011
    • Aug 18, 2006
      To add on to this, type Windows Memory Diagnostic in the start menu to do so.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Dec 3, 2011
        If it still doesnt work do the following thing:

(remember to do this EVERY time / EVERY day if it keeps showing up, i repaired, fixxed and nothing worked, but this trick i go tell you now works!

- 1: Close SDK and Hammer complete.
        - 2: Close CSS complete.
        - 3: Go to server list, click a server so CSS will try to launch.
        - 4: After x seconds, you will see it will change and your CSS will tell you he is 'validating'. (leave him validating)
        - 5: When the validation is done, click 'close', re-open SDK and your hammer will now complete work :grin:

I already do this for a week, i dont know how to fix it else but this seems to do what i want.
        Hopefully this was helpfull for you to!
      • Feb 24, 2011
        This happens to me on a regular basis as well.
        The fix is indeed to close down SDK and opening/verifying the game cache on CSS.
      • Apr 9, 2012
        It's not the SDK that you need to repair the cache, it's the game you're building the map for. !blame valve
        • Informative Informative x 1