Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Browsers

Discussion in Software Sanctuary started by Ghost, Oct 22, 2012

Best browser is...

Firefox 14 vote(s) 31.1%
Google Chrome 22 vote(s) 48.9%
Internet Explorer 2 vote(s) 4.4%
Safari 1 vote(s) 2.2%
Opera 1 vote(s) 2.2%
I like cats 3 vote(s) 6.7%
Lynx 2 vote(s) 4.4%
  1. May 14, 2011
    I looked quite far (pre-new site) and saw no no threads about this. Correct me if I'm wrong and feel free to lock and delete if I am.

This thread is for saying what your favourite browser is and why. If you are going to say what your favourite browser is please give a reason. Its no use just giving a name. You can try and convince people your browser is better etc.

If you want it to look nice simply make your browser of choice in bold at the top of your post so people can see immediatly what your fav. browser is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chrome

So my favourite browser is Chrome. I first installed it because it was a new thing and it was made by google. I saw it at the search engine homepage so I thought; why not. I like it for many reasons. I can have it attached to my gmail account so if I log in on any computer it saves my saved passwords, bookmarks, etc. (Yes my google account is extremely secure, which can be annoying at times).

I also like the looks of Chrome. I love the simplistic design and I have simply never had any outstanding issues with it.

Only thing I have realised recently is that my history does not work. :frown:

I have tried Firefox and it looks nice (I use it on my phone), however, the google account integration on chrome is just too good for me to give it up.
  2. Jul 14, 2010
    I love google chrome. I tried firefox at first, it doesn't feel as smooth to me or clean and quick. Google chrome looks nice (imo) and works for me.

Ever since I found google chrome, I've loved it.
  3. Jan 11, 2012
    Chrome. Just because custom design. Style ftw
  4. May 15, 2011

Because fuck you.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Chrome, seems so basic, general, such a small footprint on my computer. Hated IE since the day I first used the internet.
      • Funny Funny x 1
        Brett, Oct 22, 2012 Last edited by Brett, Oct 22, 2012
      • Feb 14, 2012
        I use Chrome on my smartphone and computers.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
      • May 14, 2011
        Chrome on my phone when used with swiftkey bugs out. Keyboard turns invisible and its practically useless.

So I use firefox.
      • Mar 12, 2008
        Attached Files:

• why.wav
          File size:
          176.1 KB
          Views:
      • May 14, 2011

:O
      • Aug 10, 2012
        I love firefox because it is made by its community
        • Like Like x 1
        • Feb 21, 2007

I have been using FF since college. It was, and has been much more streamlined that IE. At the time it was the only main option from IE. It has been more innovative, being the first mainstream browser to have tabs. Also I like the ability to have all the plugin options. It has also been very easy to transfer over essentially everything from reinstall to reinstall over the years. I realize that there are now more options (ex: chrome) however, I have been satisfied with FF and have seen no reason to change
          • Like Like x 1
          • May 14, 2011

Older users tend to use firefox and newer users tend to use chrome.

I think this is simply because people seem to trust "google". The name adds reassurance and as it prompts you to download the browser on probably the most visited page on the internet google.com people are more prone to pick chrome.

(Not saying firefox is not a reputable name, there's just something about google.)
          • Jan 11, 2012
            Can't agree with that. Used FF for a long time, but it sucked after version 3.6. And I'm sure that people don't "trust" google. Chrome wasn't that popular in the beginning because of information collecting from the browsers. Still don't trust them but Chrome is just fast as fuck and looks nice plus I hate the newer FF versions.
            (All said is just IMO)
          • May 14, 2011
            "Google" is a name EVERYONE has heard of. I bet people in Africa know what Google is. A bit like Microsoft. (Google thinks is so important if you don't give it a capital G its underlines itself!) If someone has an option between picking a browser made by Mozilla or made by Google the choice is easy I would have thought.
          • Feb 27, 2012
            I can't really vote, so i'll pick "I like cats"

My reasoning:
            For the most part, I use Chrome. Since i've used it and realized how fast it is, i've never looked to another browser to replace it. But, it has so many vulnerabilities and since it's so much more popular than other browsers, that means other people will be looking to put exploits into a program or website specifically for chrome to screw you over however they want (depending on how the exploit was intended to be used)
            But, if i am doing something i don't want to be tracked or any trace left of on my computer, I use Pale Moon x64. It's a modified Firefox browser that is better optimized and more secure than regular Firefox browser. I run the following extensions to make myself even more secure.
            -Adblock Plus
            -BetterPrivacy
            -DoNotTrackPlus
            -Download Statusbar
            -Facebook Disconnect
            -NoScript
            Adblock is my adblocker (hurr durr). BetterPrivacy prompts you when you exit Pale Moon to remove cookies that were saved to your machine, and auto-fill data (i think it deletes auto-fill data). DoNotTrackPlus helps stop websites from tacking you. Download Statusbar gives you the little download thing like Chrome has at the bottom. Facebook Disconnect stops facebook from tracking the webpages you go to and whatnot. NoScript stops all java scripts, java and other plugins until you allow them. Can get annoying at first, but once you do it for a website, it sticks forever until you default the plugin again. So, if you want almost complete anonymity, Pale Moon combined with all of those extensions is your browser.
            Lastly, i use Comodo Dragon at school because it runs faster than chrome, and trust me, the computers at my school need all the speed than can get. More than 2 tabs open on chrome and everything starts freezing.
          • May 14, 2011
            Why not use "Incognito" or inequivalent for private browsing. :O
          • May 15, 2011
            They have a place for paranoid people. It's called an asylum. You should go there. I'm sure you'll fit right in with the locals.
          • Jan 11, 2012
          • Apr 9, 2007
            FireFox is the only usable browser in my opinion. Chrome has a ton of hidden options, and consumes a lot of memory :frownbig:
          • May 14, 2011

Capture

If so I wouldn't know how to use them anyway.