Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Build and Fight server

Discussion in Future Servers started by Fadedsky, Jan 8, 2012

1. Dec 17, 2011
    Back a year ago, i use to love playing in a server where you build forts with props that you spawn and then fight others from your fort, problem is all the servers disappeared a while back and i was hoping to see if anyone is interested in trying one. All in all, back then i had loads of fun building massive and crazy forts then fighting off others in their own fort.
  2. Aug 1, 2011
    Sounds like Gary's mod to me, with the spawning props, building things, fighting each other.

If you haven't played that game, I'd recommend you try it out, seems like it would be right up your ally.
  3. Mar 12, 2008
    Confirmed.

It's an incredibly old game type, but any servers that ran it would no doubt, no longer exist.

But your looking at garry's mod
  4. Jul 28, 2011
    I remember playing a mod in 1.6 called base builders or something like that. Seemed like an OK mod, but it required constant babysitting and wasn't as entertaining as some other mods out there. Then again we could be thinking of completely different things :razz:

Also yes, Garry's mod ftw. It was only $2.50 recently on steam. I donno if the sale's still going on or not but you should check it out regardless.
  5. Dec 6, 2011
    :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

THIS!!! THIS!!! I used to play something similar to this on MoH:AA. This would be such an awesome idea. I support this 100%!

This could be a ZM type game, but the only problem would be making illegal spots. This could be fixed with warnings to not make impossible spots. Admins would be there to enforce the rules (trust me, I'll be there :tongue:smile: and rule breakers can be reported easily. I don't know how hard this would be to make, but this would be a great server and would get a ton of attention.

I hope this would be considered, I'd do anything to see this :banghead:
  6. Feb 18, 2011
    A mod still exists like this called build-a-boat. But the higher ups have said in the past gmod will not work out. So I don't think the opinion will change.
  7. Dec 6, 2011
    Damn... I really missed this. I probably racked up a ton of hours on MoH:AA build mode (not sure of the exact server name). I was always a creative type so building your own base was the main reason why I loved it so much.

I thought this would be pretty cool to implement the ZM, but as Anathema had said this wouldn't work. Too bad, something like this would probably get a lot of attention, but of course that's just my opinion. MoH:AA is on a whole other side of the gaming spectrum.
  8. Dec 17, 2011
    I use to play this on a few servers, and from time to time i run into a few today. But thanks for the feed back!

Also i do have Garry's Mod, it's great ! But making it a Zombie style build-a-fort sounds amazing o_o
  9. Apr 29, 2011
    This kind of server sounds painful to administrate
  10. Jan 21, 2011