Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Tutorial Bullet Proof Non-Solid Walls!

Discussion in Resources & Tutorials started by Tony the Tiger!! :D, Jan 26, 2014

1. Feb 27, 2012
    I used this trick to fix zm_officespace from letting humans be able to launch zombies with an AWP. I found the trick on an archived TF2 forum.
    So basically:
    • Depending on the thickness depends on the damage and how hard a bullet penetrates through the wall.
    • Can walk through it
    • Bulletproof
    So make yourself a block the size of the area you want to block with Nodraw. Approx. 20 units will block bullets from all weapons on Zombie Mod.

Once you have created your wall, press CTRL+T to create it into an entity, and make it a func_physbox and disable the shadows. Then switch on over to the Flags tab, and check the following boxes:
    • Start Asleep
    • Debris - Don't collide with the player or other debris
    • Motion Disabled
    • Generate Output on +USE ---------- Probably don't need this, but use it anyway.
    • Prevent motion enable on player bump
    • Only Break on Trigger
    • Don't take physics damage
    • Don't allow bullet penetration
    Save make sure you hit Apply, then test out your wall against a bot to make sure it works!

Here's the download link to my test version of it, if you want to play with it.

To my knowledge, there isn't a tool texture that can do this.

UPDATE: Here is a list of thicknesses that you need to block each bullet type with Nodraw or Block Bullets (or anything not glass really) Look at the value on the right, middle value is for glass. 45 unit thick glass is huge :neutral:
    Source of Table: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Bullet_Penetration_in_Counter-Strike:_Source

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      Tony The Tiger, Jan 26, 2014 Last edited by Tony the Tiger!! :D, Aug 9, 2014
    • Aug 19, 2013
      Very Nice Tony!!
      good work you mapping bad ass. maybe someday i will actually finish a map and it will get put on the server... maybe... someday... when my kid/wife stop yelling and screaming at me for being on the computer lol
      • Like Like x 1