Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Bumfight - runboosted ledge

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Orange, Feb 19, 2015

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 8, 2013
    Didn't want to have to post this at first, and I would normally ignore these types of situations if a certain couple run boosts onto spots that are impossible for legit players to get, but this time around, it is absolutely not ok for people to be doing this:

[IMG]

This is where the negative of pfly comes in. People run boost to spots that can not be reached, then have their entire party fly to them. They nearly had about 7 - 10 people up there, but some fell upon landing on each other's head.

I didn't make this thread to target/attack any one of the players that were on the ledge, including Conker. I asked, in my definition, pretty "politely" for them to get off the ledge, and even if they had stayed for the remaining time of the round, I would be completely fine with it, but that was not the case. @Conker should know better than that since he has the [pF] tag on. Not only that, he continued to argue with me back and forth on how he pledges to stay and how it should be in the "illegal" section if it was illegal.

I don't think proceeding to include a screenshot of the rule would matter much to Conker, but without further adieu, that's that.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Jan 3, 2013
      Uh.....no......is it me again.........?:ohyou:
    • Feb 8, 2013
      You were probably the one down there to the corner left.
    • Jan 3, 2013

• Artistic Artistic x 1
        Sicachu, Feb 19, 2015 Last edited by 4-Leaf Clover::Sicachu::, Feb 19, 2015
      • Mar 31, 2010
        LOL! You didn't ask politely at all for me to get off that spot. I pfly'd to people in my party, and it wasn't in !illegal, I thought maybe there was a way in there or something -- but regardless, I don't play much ZM to know what's what in every server. I do what I have to: read the !illegal, etc. Also, you started off with a direct threat, with: "Conker, you're admin? I screenshotted with you in that spot, so you better jump down now because in 5 minutes go look at the forums :smile:". Wow, what a nice way to say things! I'm sure the logs will show it all.

More like, I argued with the way you approached the situation and told you "there is a way of approaching situations". You're obviously a shit disturber, because I'm fine with people POLITELY asking me something, but when people are aggressive, like you were, I will not respond well to that, so I argued back.

Also, I like how you directly targeted me throughout the map. Even the next round, my party mates let you up there, without me knowing. You kill me, and jump off without killing anyone else (those who let you up). But obviously your goal is to find a way to enrage admins, like myself (I never met you before). But anyway, good job trying to stir shit up. I hope you feel really happy behind that computer screen. :smile:

EDIT:
        I don't recall that at all. The logs will tell.
        • Funny Funny x 1
          Conker, Feb 19, 2015 Last edited by Conker, Feb 19, 2015
        • Feb 8, 2013
          If I told you to fuck off the ledge and called you a dumb mother fucker as I pleased in both the mic and the chat box, I could have done so, and if you refused, same route - would still end up here, but guess what? You're still at fault. You're not facing me. This isn't my server. I only play here. You're facing the rules OF this server. So why do you care how you're being treated, and at the same time, you're standing on a spot that is obviously illegal? Is that not obvious to you? This has nothing to do with how I approached you, but has everything to do with how you broke the rule. I chose not to use profanity against you and I thought it was pretty kind of me already to even have to bother discussing the rules with you. That already bothered me.

This doesn't make you any cooler since you're swaying off of the point I was trying to make. However I act is none of your business and should leave you to no worries. I think you should have rather appreciated that I was even slightly kind to tell you to get off.
          Orange, Feb 19, 2015 Last edited by Orange, Feb 19, 2015
        • Jan 3, 2013
          I was there.... he flew like a bird.........:jump:
        • Mar 31, 2010
          How old are you? You could have used profanities but you refused?!?! Your approach was disgusting to begin with. Unfortunately, I don't play much, and when I do, I usually fuck around and have a good time. I read the rules and I do what I can to be a good admin. I also look at !illegal if I'm at a spot I'm not so sure about. This map's been there for a long time I'm sure, but I seldom play it. When I do, I'm usually on my own and by the train tracks, or in the cage room inside the building. I don't know any secrets in this map, nor do I care. I just pfly'd when all others pfly'd as well, because I wanted to stick by my party. There are secrets to get you to certain places, y'know? But.... With your kind of attitude, I don't see how anyone would find it inoffensive. I'm not going to bow down to anyone and say "yes master" when that person threatened me. If you asked politely "Hey man, you know.. that spot, there's no way to get there unless you jump on someone else's head and jump", I would reply something like "really? my bad, dude" and jump down. You see where I'm going with this?

Also, if you already knew the spot was illegal, why didn't you bring it up at an earlier time? Otherwise, why didn't you just target everyone, or the spot itself? Instead, you threatened me alone, which means you clearly wanted to stir shit up because of my admin tag.
        • Feb 27, 2012
          If run boosting is the only way to get to a spot, it is illegal, period. Its defined in the rule itself that run boost spots are illegal. It wont be added to the list, but admins should be aware that this spot is illegal.
        • Mar 31, 2010
          So I'm supposed to know everything now? I'm supposed to guess how people get to places, just because I have an admin tag on?
          Fuck this.
        • Aug 25, 2009
          I had no idea this spot was illegal and many other admins dont either. Admins should be aware that this spot is illegal.
        • Feb 27, 2012
          Which is why the thread is tagged as such. There is no group tag for admins so i cant tag them so they all know. Admins should be aware of the rules. Its fine if they dont know something, but if they know and break the rule on purpose, that's different. If you see a fellow admin doing something they shouldnt, kindly inform them that what they are doing is bad.
        • Feb 8, 2013
          Like I said in the opening post, I am not trying to be a dick and tattle on players, but when it's beyond the line of ridiculousness, I will, and I have. You make it seem like I'm disrespecting you just because I told you to get off in a manner that you don't enjoy hearing. So what? You're still at fault for standing on the ledge. Maybe if you've jumped down while you're fighting me with some useless rant, THEN I might have been easier. The fact you kept standing there even being asked to jump off, bothers me. I hate being bothered.

I'm not singling you out. I've said this also, I'm disappointed in every one of the players that was on the ledge, but since you are an admin, I thought you'd jump off when being asked to, but you did not and you showed me that you cared less about my words. What makes you think you're going to get respect from me or a more polite attitude? It is people like you that makes me jump right to the climax and don't even bother with.

I never asked you to bow down to me and accept the fact I was possibly rude to you, but you should at least have jumped down because IT IS AGAINST THE RULE. I think that's what I've been trying to prove and point out from the beginning. With you telling us that you seldom play on ZM, does not change that it IS AGAINST THE RULE, and if you are ignorant about how ZM works, then more that you should have listened to other's advice.
          Post Merged, Feb 19, 2015
          This is correct. I'll pretend and treat it as if you were fresh on the server. You're not wrong because you don't know. You're wrong because you refused to cooperate EVEN when you were clearly at fault. Take another close look at the gap. I mean, my fucking sister can tell you that it's impossible to leap across legitimately.
          I have absolute zero idea how you came up with this. No one "let me up" shit. I hopped from the opposite roof, nearly onto your head, bounced again, flew right into your face, swung my knife and jabbed it right into your eyes, therefore, you're infected. Game over.
          • Winner Winner x 1
            Orange, Feb 19, 2015 Last edited by Orange, Feb 19, 2015
          • Jul 14, 2010
            I don't see how you can keep hating on Conker for not knowing that the spot isn't allowed. If some people runboosted there and he didn't see and pfly'd to them there's not really anyway he could of known they did it unless there was proof. I agree with Conker you could have kindly asked him instead of basically demanding that he get off, he's a pretty easy-going guy. Everyone knows there's trolls every once and awhile who say every spot is illegal to get people to jump, so just yelling at someone that their spot is illegal isn't proof that the spot is actually illegal.

But now it might be a good idea to put the spot on !illegal so if this type of confusion happens, then maybe it is worth putting some spots that are run-boosted to on the list for clarity.
          • Feb 8, 2013
            I don't hate any of the players that stood on the ledge, for the 5th time.
            This is besides the point. We should have a anger management thread if you so wish, but this thread AND my original point, was that the spot is illegal.
            You can try, but to my knowledge, this has been clearly stated in the rule book, and the one LSA has told me that it would be best that players refer to the rules section, instead of having to screen cap every single spot that you can run boost onto.
          • Jul 14, 2010
            Sure, but you can't just assume everyone knows what "runboosting" is. It's not defined and there's no way of new players, or returning admins who missed what it was would know. So on a small map like this where there aren't many spots, it might be worth adding here. Or, alternatively you could nicely explain to him what it means in game instead of being vague and salty about it.
          • Mar 8, 2013
            while you can't expect everyone to know each specific spot, all admins should absolutely have a general understanding of what runboosting is. there's no excuse not to.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Zing! Zing! x 1
            • Jul 14, 2010
              He came back from being admin a couple weeks ago and probably missed when the rule was added. So while yes you are right, I don't think Conker is really at any fault here, and Orange did not handle the situation very good, but of course bringing it to the forums solves the confusion.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Mar 31, 2010
                I wasn't asked, I was dictated to jump off, and THAT bothered me. I hate being disrespected.

The logs might say otherwise, because there was another admin and some donators on that very same ledge, yet you targeted me. I barely play the game to begin with? Why not target the others who you've seen play on the servers before? Oh wait, it's true... You didn't kill them when you hoped from that roof or whatever, instead you targeted me alone and ran off, when the others in my party (who were also on that ledge) stood right beside me without shooting you off. Favoritism? I think so.

Again, a little respect can go a long way. You were very disrespectful. So why should I abide by your rules? Regardless, the servers are there for people to have fun, and it's no fun to have anyone disrespect you when you've done absolutely nothing wrong. Instead, you threatened me without hesitation.

I really, really don't like your attitude. I don't know why we let people like you take some space in the servers and ruin the fun of others/create a nuisance like you have done.

There are secrets in maps that get you to certain places. Do you want me to screenshot them all for you to see? Mr. Know It All?

Your problem should be directed towards the person who got to that spot (@4-Leaf Clover::Sicachu::), not with me. Obviously, you not only gave that person a pass on this thread (as he was on the spot to my right, and not at the bottom corner like you stated) and the fact that you let him live when you killed me the next round. Oh, and add to that, the very same person in question also plays ZM every single day, and I'm sure you've been well-acquainted before. With that said, go fuck yourself.

I didn't. Sue me.
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Feb 8, 2013
                  My goodness, bro. I think you're here to argue with me more than acknowledging that the fact that you are, indeed, wrong. If you want to reply to me about how you can tutor me on how I can improve my attitude, sure, you can feel free to add me on Steam, but this right here, is not the place to tell me about how I should sugarcoat everything for you so you can enjoy hearing it with your ears, k? I'm done arguing with you since my point has been proven and the thread is now tagged illegal. Done deal here. Moving on.
                Thread Status:
                Not open for further replies.