Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Bunny Hopping

Discussion in Future Servers started by Soииy, Jul 20, 2011

1. Jul 8, 2011
    I know this has been brought up before but it was a few months ago and I really didn't get a response from the thread. So is there going to be a bhop server or not?
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Feb 8, 2011
      BHOP servers are very had to populate it would be more likely it would be joined by something else such as bob maps. I don't think there has been any talk of bhop server at this time, during our admin meeting i will be sure to bring this up. Thank you for your time and consideration.
    • Feb 21, 2007
    • Jun 4, 2006
      We'd rather host servers that can retain a higher player count.
    • Jul 8, 2011
      http://plaguefest.com/index.php?/topic/6572-bhop/ Thread about bhop i was talking about.

Gungame is never populated I think we should just get rid of it and add a bhop server because I see a lot of people bhopping in minigames and I just thought it would be a good idea.
    • Mar 25, 2011
      I thought Bunny hopping was pretty much broken with the latest update, thats what i heard at least.
    • Feb 23, 2011
      Gun Games is dying guys. All the admins should put up a event together for GG.

Sorry sonny off topic.

I dont go on bHop maps a lot. How popular are they ?

I dont know about the latest update breaking the bhoping. I hear ppl complaining it aint that same but a lot of people are still bhopping around in pF. So I am guessing its still working.
    • Jul 8, 2011
      I can bhop fine. :/
    • Mar 12, 2008
      Yeah lets get rid of gungame, it's so boring and i would rather Behop everywhere because bhop are more important then gungame. Not even trolling
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jun 11, 2011
        Bhop > Gungame
      • Feb 24, 2011
        Taters spell fail!!!!

But yes I have brought up the bhop idea instead of gg, but like Brian said, we like our servers to be populated. Honestly bhop doesn't bring much population, but on the other hand our gg server isn't bringing population either. So I like the idea of combining a server such as having bhop maps, bob maps, maybe some deathrun maps, and climb maps.

Who knows! But that's just a thought, so what do you guys think???
      • Mar 25, 2011
        i say we need a unique server. something new.
      • Apr 11, 2011
        I tried a bunny hopping server for the first time with major and riceking, it was fun but a little frustrating...It would be nice to have one on plaguefest but I truly doubt anyone would be a "regular" on one of those types of servers so based on that alone, the ones pre-existing on the mini games server should suffice right?
      • Jul 14, 2010
        Honestly, I could see myself using this server everyday for atleast 10 minutes but that's just me..
        We really don't have a need for a bhop server nor a good amount of people who want one.
      • Jul 8, 2011
      • Feb 18, 2011
        Gungame > Bhop***

People DO play gungame, just give it time and wait on it to get better.
      • May 15, 2011
        I say no.

Gun Game is dead most of the time and really only populates when someone calls in an event, but to replace it with a B-hop server doesn't sound like their is profit in it.

I must agree, I love B-hop.

It's frustratingly delicious.

But their isn't a large amount of people who know how to B-hop.

So the player base is skim.

If we were to get a few pro players coming in, then all the nubs will feel as if they have no chance.

CS:S is about balance, if you don't have balance, only the winning team is happy and then the rest are unhappy.

We don't want unhappy people.

And B-hop is a barrel full of unhappiness.

So although Gun Game is empty for the most part, the few who do play it, are happy.
      • Mar 16, 2008
        We're not going to ever have a bhop server...
      • Feb 8, 2011
        There is no point of bhop map, you usually have 5 guys in there at the most and 75% are always unhappy with the map and want to rtv. No Population and No happyness with bhop servers.

We all need to use are imaginations and try to create ideas for an entirely new concept. We have GG ZE ZM MG lets create a type of gameplay that is new. So throw out some ideas if you got em.

Like how about a paintball server. just an example throw something out there.
      • Aug 18, 2006
        Are you out of your Vulcan mind?!?!

Seriously. Wow.

And why not, exactly? There seems to be a demand for it. We do what the community wants. Setting up and maintaining a bunnyhop server would be so easy its not even funny. Resource usage would be minimal.

A bhop server is a very real possibility. The main problem: I'm not in any position to set one up (fucking internet)...

...Or would we rather have a 24/7 bob maps server? It was fairly popular before it was taken down in the name of research and development.

And why do people want to replace GunGame now? I hear this suggestion on a regular basis and tbh its irritating. NO WAY IN HELL will it be replaced by a bhop server. It's not going anywhere. I have plans for it once I have stable internet to get it back on its feet...