Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Bunnyhopping

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Complexity, Apr 27, 2014

1. Nov 17, 2012

http://plaguefest.com/rules/zombieescape

I was bhopping on Helms deep from the start to the Castle for fun (bored), was kicked for bhopping. No advantage gained, if anything I was so far back I'd be infected.

Just like to reiterate what the rule is for *Gaining an Advantage*

@apollo
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • May 11, 2011
      You were moving forward and passing other humans which is gaining an advantage.
    • Feb 3, 2012
      Basically gaining an advantage would be dominating other humans speed to get to a certain point of the map and or get a map item, Which in this case would be considered unfair.
    • Nov 17, 2012
      Not even.
    • Oct 18, 2012
      I honestly wouldn't say this is gaining an unfair advantage due to him in the back. If he was in the front that would be a different story.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 1, 2012
        It is still an advantage since he can outrun (or outhop) the zombies on his ass
        :dog:
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • May 31, 2012

I'd say this is a tough call / still gray area. If he was bhopping to get away from zombies, or if he was a zombie trying to out-speed the humans, then sure... same for trying to gain an item or to do an early trigger... but if there were no zombies within proximity it may be a tough decision to make. I personally wouldn't know what to do.

Complexity, do you have any demos so that we can see what you are trying to say? I think I am not completely understanding the situation.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • May 11, 2011
          • Feb 27, 2012
            That doesn't matter. He was bhopping to gain an advantage. So if he was derping around in the back and zombies were on his ass, or he was just a little ways behind the humans with zombies ages behind, it's still bhopping. That is, assuming he was in the back. If he was passing humans, that's obviously bhopping as well.
          • May 31, 2012
            I mean, isn't that distance the same advantage / disadvantage as who spawns in front and who spawns behind? I'm not taking sides, I'm just saying that I wouldn't have been able to make a decision at that time. I'm curious to see what others might think.
          • Aug 7, 2012
            Was he passing them to go for an item or trigger or just to mess around going in circles?
          • Apr 9, 2007
          • Jan 3, 2013
            Even if zombies were not right on his tail the b-hopper is still increasing their distance between them, and the zombies which can make a difference at times. That's just my two cents. But yea if they are just hopping in a circle during a down time like dragon says I just ignore it.
          • May 11, 2011
            No but he went from near the back of the humans to the middle so i saw it as an advantage because of how far forward he went with it.
          • Oct 29, 2010
            Grey area in this case IMO. I personally thought the kick in this case was (a tad) excessive. Cautionary warning would have sufficed.

Consider the context of the kick & this map:

> Complainant did not have zombies hot on his tail.

> The only benefit gained by passing the lead human--which the complainant did not even attempt--was to trigger some gate that stays open for 30 seconds. There's no items the CT's were after. Just bragging rights for triggering some dumb door.

> The only "advantage" gained by the brief bhop period was to pass a few humans, and when he did stop, he was still well in the middle of the ct pack, with no valuable items/triggers to gun for.

> In Helms Deep, the CT trek from the forest to the keep is a cakewalk. A complete afterthought of the map. Does anyone really take this CT Kindergarten Walk seriously?

He stopped in the middle of the CT pack. There was no indication in this thread that he bhopped to escape the ZMs (rather more like showing off).

From a situational perspective, the kick just a power trip, if anything. Barely valid reason, sure, but extremely thoughtless at that.

edit: Admin claimed he warned the player first (which changes perspectives in this thread).

All this ain't a big deal, IMO. Situational awareness is always useful from both sides.
            meeko, Apr 27, 2014 Last edited by meeko, Apr 27, 2014
          • May 11, 2011
            I had already warned him not to bhop i did not start with a kick.
          • Oct 29, 2010
            Then nvm. Nobody in this thread mentioned the warning part (if there was even any).

I can't be bothered to edit my previous post though, only advantage that seemed to be gained was a few seconds saved and personal gratification for hopping a few places to the middle of the ct pack.

But w/e, this issue is extremely minor compared to other polarizing topics that were discussed recently.
            meeko, Apr 27, 2014 Last edited by meeko, Apr 27, 2014
          • May 11, 2011
            In hindsight i should have mentioned it thought people would assume i had already warned him if i had kicked him my bad
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Oct 29, 2010
            • May 31, 2012

You are being hella trashy making him look like the bad guy when he did gave you a warning.

None the less, I share a very similar perspective with you as to what is and isn't an advantage but you should have made a thread instead of trying to go above his word, be a martyr for the rule, and continue. Now, we know we can't trust you.

This is clearly a gray area matter which you shouldn't be calling him out on; it needs discussion. Your approach to this situation is ugly and I completely disagree with it.