Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion CallAdmin Plugin

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Jeremy, Dec 18, 2015

1. Apr 18, 2014
    I´m thinking about this plugin for quite some time and i think that i mentioned for 1 or 2 ppl from the SA. I think it would be a good idea to put this, even for test.
    Screenshots
    There´s also a wiki
  2. Mar 10, 2014
    Ii really think this is a very innovative idea. The only thing i would be concerned about is that players will draw unneeded attention away from the players actually causing a problem, essentially framing an innocent player, and wasting admin time. Still could be usefull.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Apr 18, 2014
      I think that may add a rule for the use of this plugin could solve it.
    • Mar 26, 2012
      Players can currently report players by typing with an at symbol (@) at the beginning of team chat (U key). This only works if the admin is in game. If the admin is not in game, the player will either have to message the admin outside of the game eg Steam chat or they can submit a ban here. I am assuming this plugin is to get a hold of an admin who is available on their computer, but not in game. This would be most useful for players who don't have admins added (eg new players) and don't want to go through the effort of submitting a ban. This is more of an immediate way to at least get the admin's attention to try to solve the problem now rather than discipline the player later.

I assume we'd be able to see who made the report and if it is blatant they are abusing it, they could be disciplined.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Mar 12, 2015
        I think it's something we should try out , but tell the players that if they abuse the privilege it will be taken away . too many times I've heard someone complaining about no admins being on , or gotten spammed with private messages about players breaking the rules . I think this will be a useful tool to help players get in contact with admins
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jan 3, 2013
          This idea looks great, but looks kind of complicated. Just seems this will be abuse a lot by players, I mean by new players. Does this plugin have demo that you can submit too? Because you don't want players reporting someone without evidence.
          I think the same too.
          I wonder how does it work for cade breakers? For example, as soon as the admin gets in game, the cade breakers may have already stop, or the cade have been destroy already.
        • Jan 21, 2011
          We had a similar thing a while back which used IRC iirc, and it was abused by a player to the point where it was removed. That was before I was LSA, thoguh, so I may be remembering this incorrectly.
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Mar 10, 2014
            Given our community @Seeker.....i wouldnt be suprised if you remember correctly.
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Feb 18, 2011
              i want you to imagine being called every working moment of the day, while you're at work, while you're at church, while you're fucking your girlfriend.... no matter what you're doing someone is calling you asking to "ban this faggot". is that something you really want in life?
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Jan 25, 2014
                It is a decent idea on paper. But once you have it im sure you would regret it
              • Apr 18, 2014
                Like i said, its worth a shot, we will only know what will happens if we test it out. We could make a rule against the abuse of it, the plugin already have a spam protection etc..
                No one is asking you to be available all the time, if you don´t want to be available just don´t, this plugin is for admins that are available.
              • Jun 29, 2014
                only way i could see this working is if it is a hacker or someone mic spamming or using racial slurs, as far as cade breakers, griefers, by the time an admin gets there it will be over with,
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Apr 18, 2014
                  Usually players that do such thing always do it again, so it could be really helpful.
                • Jun 29, 2014
                  usually, until they either see admin joined, or like 99% of the time it was a fluke
                • Apr 18, 2014
                  Not really, for my experience it doesn´t work that way, but that just my wait of seeing things;
                • Apr 26, 2015
                  So how does that work on the player end for reporting? is it like @playername cadebreaking/ glitching/ etc into team chat?
                • Jan 21, 2011
                  When you type @ in team chat, it shows your message in admin only chat, so you can say "@hey theres a guy cadebreaking me" and the admins will see it in chat.
                  • Informative Informative x 1
                  • Apr 18, 2014
                    He meant a way to contact directly the admins, when you use @ on teamchat you can talk on admins chat so the admins can read what you say.
                  • Oct 13, 2011
                    I didn't know about this until I bought admin. A greentext should automatically appear in chat just like "visit forums" and "suggest maps"

Reasons why this is a better idea than desktop client:

@Kyle won't go with it.
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                      Cat, Dec 19, 2015 Last edited by Cat, Dec 19, 2015
                    • Mar 26, 2012
                      • Agree Agree x 1