Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Cam's shitty PC problems...

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Cam, Oct 16, 2007

1. Posts
    Right, I'm in a baad situation...

I started to get major PC problems a couple weeks ago. Bad sectors on my HDD have been popping up, my video card is artifacting severely, a possible dying PSU, and my monitor is showing it's first signs of dying... I cant play any game at lowest settings anymore and manage 20FPS, and even when I do, I cant play for any more than 10 minutes or so without a blue screen of death... My PC consists of:

A Pentium 4 @ 2.4GHz
    1GB of Corsair RAM, DDR PC3200
    A 120GB Seagate, dying
    A 128MB PCI 6200, dying
    A ~350 watt PSU, dying
    ...And a 17" CRT monitor, which I also believe is dying.

Anyways, straight to the point.

The state of my PC is deteriorating extremely fast. Last week I didn't get BSODs and I could play games at playable FPS with minor artifacts. It's not a OS problem, I reformatted and get the exact same results... I cant even multi task hardly anymore... I estimate this PC only has around 2 weeks left.

I have a whole lot of stress on me, because of the fact that I'm responsible for:

2 Dedicated servers, which consists of:
    - 2 100 player SA-MP servers
    - 1 CSS server (PlagueFest)
    - Creation of partyserver.net
    - Looking out for the websites that I host.

Two projects, which I'm constantly working on:
    - SA-MP
    - SFTDMv5.0, for the SA-MP Partyserver.

It all adds up to a lot of stress and it takes up a huge amount of my time. I get nothing in return, and now I cant even play on my own server.

It's too late for this PC, nothing I can do can save it unless I spend a lot of money on it. I cannot afford anything right now as I'm in major debt.

This could be goodbye, even though I don't want it to be. Unless I somehow get a new PC, I wont be around to make sure everything is functioning properly, etc. Meaning, if the server crashes and it doesn't came back, I won't be around for up to 48 hours until I can access a computer at school again. Even then, I am very limited to what I can do there.

If you want to donate any parts/money, please do so as I would greatly appreciate it. Contact me on XFire for shipping information: SAMPCam

See you around, hopefully.
  2. Feb 3, 2007
    Im on the same boat.. Whenever im around im always dealing with player / admin issues and confronting them over it... My pc doesnt help not even a bit... Which makes sometimes my life a living hell.. Sucks to be broke ;x

Lets see if we can get you some stuff ^^
  3. Jun 29, 2007
    Well once again any help i can offer i offer it man
  4. Jan 11, 2007
    We're in the same boat right now.

Last night, my computer decided to "lose" my hard drives. It won't boot now because it can't find any hard drive attached... I hope it is something as simple as a loose cable (again), although that was the first thing I tried.

Bottom line for me: I'm in computer limbo (again)
    Bottom line for the server: The Painted Mer is currently unavailable for "artistic enhancements"

I wasn't in the mood to start my own thread of woe.
  5. Apr 9, 2007
    If you need me to hold the fort I can just let me know what needs to be done daily, weekly, ect.

Also your problem seems to be motherboard related. Nothing major if u got 80 bucks you can get one thats shitty but works
  6. Jun 29, 2007
    i am thinking dirty power as well new mobo and PSU
  7. Apr 9, 2007
    Parts of my south bridge still do not work (as in half the sata plugs) Sound cuts out once in a while also.

On a happy note 400 posts.
  8. Feb 3, 2007
    Mer, The Artist

HAHAHAH priceless name..

Sucks to hear that your pc is acting up on you... When will i see you for good not going idle on us?
  9. Feb 3, 2007
    Can count on me for that too Cam... I already take care of 99.9% of all the players / admin issues and problems.. Dont mind taking care of some extra HomeWork ^^
  10. Apr 9, 2007
    How well do you know Linux ?
  11. Feb 3, 2007
    I never said i knew linux...

Community / Admin administration is my section which i get the job done without hesitations.

So when comes to deal with all the issues connected to that or anything server related / forum related i can get it done. And lets not forget the improvements section which i always gather suggestions from players + my own suggestions and always come up with cool ideas ^^

So for all that im game.. You can deal with the linux section if needed.
  12. Feb 3, 2007
    Whats funny about Kyle being a cookie monster?

Its just awsome!
  13. Apr 9, 2007
    I know just screwin with ya :teehee:

If you can do that, that would be awsome.
  14. Feb 3, 2007
    I already do that.. So thats awsome isnt it? ^^
  15. Apr 9, 2007
    Yes it is.
  16. Posts
    My PC is barely even running now... I'm typing this from school, so I'm gonna ask this question:

Do you guys have any spare, halfway decent parts lying around? If I get parts I want them to be walfway decent.
  17. Dec 30, 2006
    I have an extra ethernet card if you want it.
  18. Jun 29, 2007
    Its okie we all know what KYLE really is

................... :pirate: :pirate: :bunny: :bunny: :razz:h34r: :razz:h34r: :wallbash: :wallbash: :pirate: :pirate:
  19. Feb 1, 2007

That sucks.

I wish I could buy you new parts / donate some money but:

1. I haven't been working in a month and a half because of my broken collar bone.
    2. When I do start again (This Saturday) all the money needs to be saved for Christmas presents (My siblings are all nearly 10 years older than me and spend way more than I do on them at Christmas, so I want to get them something good)
    3. I will have a car leeching out some of my wages soon.