Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Can i Make money off this?

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Sublime, Jan 11, 2011

1. Dec 31, 2010
    Ok so heres how it is , a few of you may know im a full time dad who looks after my son , my gf works 42 hours week and earns all our money , im a chef in trade but her job paid/pays more than my job did so i quit my job to become full time daddy , now i feal bad staying at home all day doing a little house work and watching our son and makin fuck all money , so i recently i started selling shit on ebay to make some cash which dosnt make alot to be honest ,

Anyway , recently my gf posted one of my pictures i drew to one of her mates on facenbook and she asked me to paint her a picture of lisa simpson on her daughters wall , so i did for free as i didnt know how i do or how it would turn out , anyway she posted the picture online and ive gone on to paint 3 more pieces on my gfs friends walls , all for free , now my question is this based on my artistic skills (not that great) do you think i could make any money doing this sort of shit for people? ,i can get paint very cheap as my cousin runs a decoration comapny which mixes there own paint.

I'm not talking about making a living from this but trying to make a bit of cash to help ease the load on my gf , be honest guys because i dont want bs , consider it like this say if you had a kid or wanted a nursey painted or some shit , would you pay someone of my skill to paint something for you on your wall? , im only talkin like $45 for a 3ft + picture.

anyway some of my work here
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Feb 21, 2007
    Yes, esp if u charge something around what u posted. I would for something like that.
  3. Dec 31, 2010
    thanks mate ^_^ , based on the time it would take + cost of what paint is , i would make more than minimum wage :smile: and i enjoy doing it :tongue:
  4. Oct 8, 2009
    i wish i can draw like u n other ppl i know. -.-
    i think this would be a great idea to help with the income a bit.

if only u lived in wisconsin. :grin:
    i'd have u come paint my parents house. and maybe you'll get ur bangers n mash. :grin:
  5. Dec 31, 2010
    haha, you could pay me in food nena! , and ty :blush:
  6. Jun 4, 2006
    I think daycares or similar would eat this up. :thumbsup:
  7. Dec 31, 2010
    cheers brian , i was actually hopein to paint a local daycare center , ive sent them some pics and waiting for a response , there asking for nursey rhyme themes , there paying $500 to paint a 30ft wall , which is a fuckin awsome price seems they provide the paint and it dosnt have to be done in one day so fingers crossed i get to do that :biggrin:
  8. Oct 8, 2009
    np. and like brian said. nurserys. go to churches. schools. neighbors. soon you'll be FAMOUS and make more than you ever thought.
  9. Nov 29, 2010
    Commissions are hard to make money off of. Usually stressful to be honest, (I hate deadlines for art).
  10. Nov 30, 2010
    you got some talent there. You could make some decent cash doing murals at daycares like Brian pointed out. The thing is, some people have talent and can draw very well on paper and do small stuff. It takes even more talent to draw wall sized pictures and keep the appendages looking proportionate. I'd go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good luck!