Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Can someone explain to me what the rules are

Discussion in Help Desk started by Mojko [wtf am i doing], Dec 26, 2018

1. Nov 2, 2018
    Since I'm probably getting banned for asking this in-game I thought I'll take it to the forums instead (I've already been threatened of mute / ban because of this question).

How does the racism rule work?
    from what I've seen you can get punished for using racist slurs (like at all even without context) which I see as totally acceptable, although I'd like to be able to discuss the words ingame without any sort of racism involved but it's understandable why it works this way. What really boggles my mind though is if you acknowledge that this word exists you're being "racist" which I just see as ridicolous, is this really how it works? Or am I misunderstanding this?

Why is homophobia and objectifying women allowed?
    From what I've seen words like fag faggot etc is allowed, I've also seen that talking about women as if they were objects is allowed. Why's that? Shouldn't this also fall under the "discrimination" category? Also, sub-question, is this even allowed? Today I was warned for using the "fag" word while an admin 5 minutes before said "fag" and a guy has "fag" in his name. Why was I warned for this if others can use it without any issues?

If someone can just elaborate a bit on how the rules work, how strict they are etc that'd be really nice, since I don't want to accidentally get myself banned (already got banned once because of this) and I want to be able to follow the rules as good as I can.

If you're going to redirect me to read the rules. Here's what the rules says, just to clarify that I have read them:

Racism, Discrimination, and Hate Speech
    (top)

This is not permitted on PlagueFest.com. Any posts that we consider to breach this are subject to removal by our staff should we deem it appropriate to do so. The result will be swift, no warnings, just an immediate ban.
  2. Jun 17, 2014
    Malicious intent and Non-Malicious intent. Context says it all.
    For example:
    You faggots killed me. (Vulgar, but not really discriminative or malicious.)
    All faggots should die. (Vulgar, Discriminative & very Malicious.)

If you're confused as to why I warned you, It's because another player called another player a "n****r", And right after I wrote him the warning for it, You decided to skirt your way around the rule and join the racist guy by saying "n words" directly after I had warned him for it to be spiteful.
    Then you also asked me "Is it illegal if I acknowledge that this word exists" (Which is just.... retarded.)

Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes.

I'm too lazy to pull the chat log right now, But if needed, I have no issues doing so.

I don't feel like anyone needs to elaborate on it more than I already have with you. The rules are pretty simple set in stone, and even give great context to showing examples. Follow them next time.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Mar 20, 2011
      • Dec 17, 2007
        Going along with what bapple said, we are lenient to an extent. However, we can and will enforce the rules with words that are commonly said on the server if we determine them to be used in a discriminatory way. Skirting around the rules will also get the attention of an admin.
      • Jan 21, 2011
        For the record, you quoted the racism rule as it pertains to the forums. The Zombiemod specific rule-set is slightly different and can be found here: http://plaguefest.com/rules/zombiemod
      • Nov 2, 2018
        Okay, this is just not true. I never "joined" anyone, I laughed at him for saying the n word because I knew that the admins would get upset. I've seen people do this again and again in voice chat where they always go "he said the n word" and no warning has ever been made. Why you decided to warn me just this time made me pretty confused.

This proves my point that I never did anything wrong, I asked why homophobia and the word "fag" was allowed on the server and you warned me for discrimination, I was never being vulgar or hateful, it was basically just a question.

Do it, I might remember things wrong. It's been a couple of days now, but I'm pretty sure I never said anything to discriminate anyone

They're not simple, at all, what you define as being discrimination is what I call "jokes", and when I told you to elaborate what admins might find as "discrimination" you banned me for ignorance instead of answering my question, which is why I stopped using any racial slurs like at all no matter the context. Also, another thing why I find the rules difficult is that I got warned for literally nothing yesterday and threatened to get banned like 2 times for not even doing anything the slightest vulgar or offensive towards anyone. Which is why I'm confused since i've seen people do lots more horrible shit.

So again, what are the rules? Am I allowed to discuss these types of topics on the server or will that just end up me getting banned? Am I allowed to laugh when someone else gets warned for this silly rule or will that also, end up me getting banned? I've no issues if joking isn't allowed, but if it isn't I want to see it be used towards everyone and not just directed towards me.
      • Dec 17, 2007

http://plaguefest.com/rules/zombiemod this is the link to the rules page that we have for ZM. The rules about racism and the use of racial slurs are about the middle of the page.

No one is trying to single you out. Admins enforce the rules as players break them. Idk exactly what happened in this situation, but I can tell you is that if you were adding to the situation in anyway, it might come off as you were part of the problem. If someone is breaking the rules and an admin is putting out warnings/further enforcing the rules, best thing to do is just stay out of it.
      • Nov 2, 2018
        I've read it, thousands of times by now, I don't see what I did wrong.
        Yes I understand this, but I want it to be applied to everyone if it's going to be applied at all. I've seen people do what I did thousands of times and no one have ever gotten a warning. I've also seen people do way worse shit and not getting a warning (like actual discrimination)
      • Jan 21, 2011
        Saying things like 'n-word' in chat is seen as an attempt to bypass the racism rule. It's not the only way I've seen it attempted, but it is a common one. If a player says "fuck you n-word" instead of using the actual slur, they'll be punished just as harshly as someone who actually used the slur. You said it in chat and Bapple did what he would have done to anyone else who did the same.

I doubt you've seen it thousands of times. It is applied to everyone. Admins do miss things from time to time, but you saying "Admin, this player said the N-word!" isn't going to help anyone. You'll probably be warned for it as you were here.
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Jun 17, 2014
          Well, @Mojko [wtf am i doing], Since you seem to be so "innocent" and blind to what you did. Here you go.

Keep in mind, For the record; This is RIGHT after I warned multiple players (including yourself, after this one) for racism and/or skirting the racism rules. It's kind of ignorant to say you were singled out, Because you definitely weren't the only one that I got onto for this.

Maybe this will refresh your memory.

Stupid
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Zing! Zing! x 1
          • Nov 2, 2018
            I never said "fuck you n-word". I laughed at the person getting punished (which is very common from what I've heard from voice chat)

I can probably count up to 4-5 times where I've heard people laugh about it (while admins being online)

I don't feel innocent. I feel confused.

Yes I know you warned people for saying the actual slur. I didn't, I just laughed at it how most people do on this server

Right you're comparing me to people who's actually saying racist slurs, obviously that doesn't make me singled out at that point, what makes me feel singled out is because I've never seen anyone get warned for this, and I've seen lots of people do what I did multiple times. (saying things like "haha he said the n-word admins will be pissed now").

I was the only one who got warned for laughing at someone else getting punished.

That's actually exactly how I remember myself saying it.

Although, this is actually not what got me writing this thread, what got me writing this thread is when I got threatened of a ban for the "fag" thing. Both are equally important, but I feel like I understand the reasoning more now (of the n-word thing), if it's applied to everyone of course which I haven't seen yet but time will tell

(From my understanding I'm the only one who's ever been warned from this aswell)
          • Dec 17, 2007
            Ppl say the same thing about police officers "why did you catch me and not that guy, you're just singling me out"

It sounds like you're trying to make a big deal out of nothing. Like, you're so much above everyone else and the rules that you were actually offended that you were warned for breaking them. What you're doing here is like the white privilege crap that ppl keep spewing here in America, "you can't arrest me i'm white" type of deal. You clearly were adding to the problem, bapple caught you, and REKT you, now you're complaining about it. Trying to come off as innocent or that you're the only one that has ever been warned for this, is the same thing as a 450 lbs man child crying that he didn't get his food on time.

As for it being applied to everyone, like seeker said, sometimes admins miss things bc they're dealing with the original situation and ppl that add to the problem, like you, sometimes get over looked. My suggestion here would be just to say out of it next time and maybe bapple won't get on your case. Other than that problem solved, situation explained, Elvis has left the building.
          • Nov 2, 2018
            Nothing of that is true, at this point it just sounds like you're harassing me. I'm not complaining, I've said several times I understand the warnings but I just don't understand why it doesn't apply to other people, but if it's because admins just don't "see" when others have done it then fine, can't really argue against that. I'll make sure to in the future not say anything that might discriminate another person (could be with word uses like "fag, n" etc). I'm pretty sure that "fag" and treating women like objects is allowed though since it happened really frequently while I got my warning, but that's beside the point.
          • Dec 17, 2007
            But you're still talking tho. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation, plz enjoy the server
          • Jan 21, 2011
            I'll quote Brian's explanation of when the word fag/faggot is and isn't allowed
          • Nov 2, 2018
            Again, this is where it doesn't make sense, I never said anything even close along those lines

Because I'm not getting any real answers. All I can take from this is to not say anything that might in the slightest discriminate anyone and not think anything that others do is okay since admins might've missed them. What I can probably also take from this is that rules alter depending on which admins are online so might be cautious about that.
          • Dec 17, 2007
            I'm convinced at this point that you're just trying to trigger ppl and that you know full well what the rules are and why you were warned. :handcuffs:
          • Nov 2, 2018
            Honestly I don't, as I've said before, the only thing I can accept is the "n-word" thing, I still find it ridicolous but I can accept why I got the warning. But I can't accept the second reason. It's ridicolous how you keep defending that idea. Sometimes it doesn't feel like you're even reading what I'm writing. I think I've explained like 4 times now why the fag warning didn't make sense at all.
          • Jan 21, 2011
            I missed where you said you got warned for saying fag, my mistake. I'm not sure the context in which you were warned for it, but if you weren't using it in a discriminatory context like in Brian's example you shouldn't have been warned. If this happens in the future, please bring it to our attention.
          • Jun 17, 2014
            Seems like I misread what you were actually implying here.
            After warning you for the nword ordeal, I was anticipating for you to continue pushing, I misinterpreted what you were implying. I apologize for that, it was an accident on my part.
            However; Next time to avoid anything from escalating into something like this. Please don't interfere or put yourself in the middle of an admin warning other players.
            • Artistic Artistic x 1