Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Can someone explain to me what the rules are

Discussion in Help Desk started by Mojko [wtf am i doing], Dec 26, 2018

1. Jul 14, 2010
    Seems to me like this was just a misunderstanding.

I get you were laughing at someone getting warned for saying the "n word' but repeating it in chat after someone says it, even just 'n word' I can also see why it looked like you were skirting the rules but I think it is harder to tell someones intention in chat versus laughing over voice. But I see where you are coming from. I wouldn't be too worried about it. You can laugh at someone who gets warned, but maybe not repeat at all what they said, even in jest to avoid confusing the admin. If the server was all rowdy and people are being racist, it gets hectic and seems like you just got caught in the crossfire.

As far as fag. It's context like said above.

Bapple noob
  2. Dec 17, 2007
    Chat logs from this guy would be helpful. From what i'm understanding and from what bapple provided, he was warned for saying n word, in attempt to go around the no racism rule. However lets break this down barney style so we can get to the bottom of this.

If some one says " admin! he said the n word ooooo" or " ooooo he said the n word". An admin can take this as those players trying to warn them about a possible rule violation.

If some says " n****r" and then another player straight says "n word" immediately following a warning, then an admin could take that as the other player trying to skirt around the no racism rule.

As far as warning for the use of fag or other discriminatory comments, especially towards women. Although the word "fag" "faggot" and thing of those nature are generally accepted for use on the server, if it is used in a discriminatory way, such as "all fags must die". A player can and will get warned, with further enforcement of the no discrimination rules. If a player just says "fag" or "faggot", then yes it is generally accepted. Same goes for discriminatory comments against women. If a female player is on and those comments are directed towards her, if she is having an issue with it. Then yes the no discriminatory rule is enforced.

As far as you being singled out. You will never see this with any admin, admins have to take in the context of what is being said and make a decision from there. Now if you were warned about saying "fag", I can guarantee, that you more than likely said it in a discriminatory way that caught bapple's attention. Again going along with my previous advise, best to just stay out of it and not add to the situation in any way.
  3. Jun 17, 2014
    I posted the chat log man, end of page 1.
  4. Dec 17, 2007
    I know, but this guy is saying he was warned for using the word "fag". It was my understanding from everything that was posted, that he was warned for saying "n word" after another player was warned. I'm trying to figure out what he's saying.
  5. Jan 21, 2011
  6. Dec 17, 2007
    End of story, bapple this is all your fault