Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Can this please still be considered?

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by GANGSTALICIOUS, Jan 18, 2014

1. Feb 11, 2012
    So we just finished playing Minas Tirith thanks to Dani and it was a fun time. However it was no less than the usual.
    The amount of spammers on the cades was incredibly frustrating especially when there is nothing we(admins) can do to stop it. Unless we sit out in spectate and literally look for spammers which even then is difficult because there are so many people, you just can't see..
    Stage 2 was noticeably the worst stage for spamming cades. At the 1st fall back on Stage 2, people who knew the timing for the falling rocks would spam the cade on the team at the "right" time and kill a vast majority of the team. It happened several times and with so many people in one area it's impossible to tell who did it.
    That was just one of multiple spots where a spammed cade in the group would happen.

So what I ask is to at least consider this thread again.

http://plaguefest.com/threads/anti-grief-plugin-for-minas-tirith.10638/

We've come so far with all these plug-ins to try and weed out the griefers and it seems this is one that has been left out..It makes that 'once in a while' Minas match not even worth joining sometimes..
    Don't get me wrong I really do appreciate the work that has been put into the plug-ins for the server, although they are not perfect it's at least something to help us out as admins. The only reason the plug-ins imo get negative feedback is because it doesn't fit the need of the players. Which is too bad. Like the anti-edge, sometimes it does too much and kill CTs trying to defend in the back, just gotta deal with it. It makes me mad but so be it lol. Also, the b-hop plug-in. For example, on Ultimate mode in Predator dropping into the hole near the item and when you dbl jump it stops you, big whoop just gotta work around it or it stops you from going your original route. Big whoop find another route or readjust the current one.

But this issue is something I really think needs to be resolved somehow and I really hope it isn't one of that involves not changing it to Minas again..
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Mar 30, 2012
      A simple plugin that gathers info on buttons pressed should work for this, yes?
      A player presses a button -> Chat message of "Player X has pressed a button." appears.

I've seen this on some of the Korean servers, and it seems to work pretty well.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Aug 7, 2012
        Agreed, anti-grief for this map is crucial.
      • Mar 12, 2008
        sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth TBH.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Have you ever play Minas? Jesus, i hate that map for the fact of how many griefers there are. That map NEEDS that plugin.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Aug 7, 2012
          Completely agree with this, there are just too many user-controlled items to not have an anti-grief plugin enabled.
        • Sep 25, 2010
          I agree with this, many times has the rare times I get to play minas get ruined because of dedicated trolls. It would be better if the plugin stopped people people from pressing +use on items that are not parented to their weapons.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
          • Feb 3, 2012
            I also agree on this. When ZE is on Minas there are MULTIPLE trolls that join the game and ruin the map.
          • May 31, 2012

For the time being I recommend admins record demos and drive it. I didn't know other people can use your item.
            Joshy, Jan 19, 2014 Last edited by Joshy, Jan 19, 2014
          • Apr 9, 2012
            That idea of Detonator is actually pretty good! Maybe that way it's less trouble setting it up. Of course I have no knowledge about plugins so I can't really tell, but it sound better.
          • Apr 9, 2007
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Feb 21, 2007
              I thought you had looked into this, or we tested it and there was some issue with it? Like glitching something, or interfering with something? memory is a little sketchy tho....
            • Apr 3, 2013
              This.
            • Feb 11, 2012
            • Apr 3, 2013
              Only thing that pisses me off with the bhop-plugin. You can't jump after falling down a certain height
            • Jan 21, 2011
              Intended functionality. That's exactly what the plug in does.
            • Apr 9, 2007
              People work, the server stuff will be buggy as hell and I wouldn't want to run it.
            • Mar 20, 2012
              There are already plugins which display whoever presses a button in the chat. If it could be only activated on minas. We would see if any person presses it more often and is a spammer. We dont need weapon protection plugin in my opinion. It could be for admin only to see to make it not so spammy for players.

Regarding bhop plugin..
              On paranoid we cant use the bed item anymore, it usually launched you like 10-30m into the air , now its like only 3-5m, because it always stops you midair. On lilapanic escape during a bossfight the plugin stopped me while I was strafing in the air when I got launched up. On predator and biohazward sewers, you cant jump when you just fell down somewhere because the plugin thinks you would bhop even if you didnt gain any advantage of this or could possible get.

And anyway almost no admins enforce the bhop rule anymore because of the plugin... It almost always ends at a warning.

I only mentioned the negative points here, I dont really care if we leave it like this or not..

Overall the plugins are good and useful just on some maps like resonance escape and venice it does some weird stuff(antistack).But people stacking in each other would be annoying on most other maps.

If we only could activate some plugins on some maps and on the special maps disabled.
              -L-, Jan 19, 2014 Last edited by -L-, Jan 19, 2014
            • Mar 30, 2013
              For the bed of Paranoid, it's not server related. It's the map. The map becomming old, this bug happens on every server (no more solo bed :wink: )
            • May 11, 2011
              This plug-in would make minas a lot more enjoyable for when it is played.