Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Can we make another zombie escape server

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by xtmgmr, Dec 8, 2013

1. Dec 2, 2013
    Every day I couldnt play this awesome game because the servers are full. Is there a way for the admins or whoever to create another zombie escape server so that more people can play?
  2. Aug 7, 2012
    You can always get a donator subscription which will give you priority access to the server!

http://plaguefest.com/help/upgrades

Edit: You also created this in the ZM forum... which one are you talking about? :3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Inb4 uptight asshats get all assholian and start linking previous threads.

To answer your question, we've ventured towards this in the past, and it hasn't really worked out (only one server being full, etc.). If you use the search, you can probably find a bunch of threads about it where Brian explains multiple times why it can't be done.

But anyways, it's better to just buy a donor subscription, it's only $10 every 2 months and supports a great community so we can run the highest quality of servers for our members. If you're scrappin' for cash, you can always try participating in a free donor contest that we run constantly. Although it has been a while since I have run one, I'll be doing one within the next month or so, so keep an eye out.
      • Like Like x 1
        Brett, Dec 8, 2013 Last edited by Brett, Dec 8, 2013
      • Apr 9, 2007

Ultimately, it isn't up to us, it's up to you.

We expand as the player base sees fit. When people stop supporting us (playing), there's no point in further dividing the community by creating new servers. It appears we're still unfortunately emptying out during the night. Christmas break is approaching, and has already occurred for a different classes of individuals, so the numbers might be off. We're going to be skewed for a few weeks, until things stabilize once more the data presented just doesn't support longevity. It costs us nothing besides effort to throw up new servers, we can support them so long as the player base does the same by simply playing and enjoying themselves.

If we're able to ride the wave, this can be considered. Until that happens though; we just can't support fragmenting you guys.
        • Like Like x 2
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
        • May 31, 2012
          Kyle basically said it for me. In my knowledge, those management folk can't just up and pop in another ZE server, it takes time and testing and such. And above that we don't know if players would even use the server and then all that work goes to nothing. To make it short, a new server just isn't in the cards right now, for the time being at least.
        • Aug 12, 2012
          do a mako server 24/7, I'm sure we got hundreds of mako manic/fag/nerds/elite/trolls out there to keep it populated.
        • Jul 8, 2012
          I don't think it's because we "can't", it's more along the lines of there really isn't enough desire for one. I believe we have plenty of server space, and can even buy more if needed. There just needs to be the right amount of demand first before we do something.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Mar 26, 2011
            This is what I would have said, donation isn't a harsh price at all for the perks.
            • Agree Agree x 1