Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Can we remove Exorath?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Anathema, May 12, 2012

1. Feb 18, 2011
    The map is horribly optimized, whereever you walk you get choppy. When you have those small lag spaces everywhere and zombies on fire it gets to the point of near crashing. A lot of people do not like the map, and in addition the mapmaker is banned. I don't mean that in the sense that we can't have banned user maps on here, but we won't get updates from her (unless she posts it on gamebanana).

(My personal opinion, don't have to consider this) Someone who causes people even out of this community problems shouldn't get the ability to promote her map.
    Anathema, May 12, 2012 Last edited by Anathema, May 13, 2012
  2. Jun 4, 2006
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    I agree. The gameplay is rather unusual, and the map is awkward in the sense of obstacles/hold points/etc. Even with my OC'd 7950, I get choppy, weird lagg as well due to a couple parts of the map. Hell, you have to be extremely fast or else you cannot beat it on the hardest level.

Another point to make is that the weapons on the map are OP'd, and there are too many.... Flamethrower + 15 nade spawner + 10second AOE push + slow-mo for ten seconds or so, all in one round is quite impossible for the zombies, it basically just turns into who can kill the most zombies.
  4. Feb 14, 2012
    8 gigs of RAM, i7 core and a 6970 here and I drop down to 5 fps in some areas that map is so horribly done.
  5. Apr 9, 2007

I'm okay with this, if it does cause poor performance for clients.
  6. Feb 18, 2011
    It does. Some things in that map cause framerate to drop just by looking at it. I don't know it it is the texures, materials, models, or sprites. A perfect example would be just out of spawn, teleporters, the tram, boxes before the tram...
  7. Feb 20, 2011
    I vote it stays, but only if I can collect the tears of people suffering in it so I can drink them.
  8. May 14, 2011
    I dunno what you guys are complaining about. I get min 30-40 fps on this map but thats bearable. I like this map up to the big slanted corridor point. I say keep it. But then again I only occasionally play zombies so I wouldn't know.
  9. Apr 1, 2012
    o_O I have a very low end laptop but I run everything, even exorath, just fine with a steady 15-35 fps and can go up to 60 fps on certain circumstances and I'm satisfied with it.
    idk what kind of lag or choppy problems you guys are having. yes, there are several seconds of lag beginning of a round, Michelle told me it's due to the map loading things and the levels just like mako takes time to load the materias and levels (the reason why you guys are just sitting there in the train for 15 seconds straight every mako round)
    the map is very huge though, almost 1.5 x the size of minas 3_3 (138 mb compared to 95 mb)

how are weapons in the map OP? pfft, materias in mako are even better because we have more of them and the recharge time is less than those in exorath. even paranoid has like what, 20 items? and the stupid bird is the most OP thing ZE has ever invented (makes a single person able to win the map against 60 zombies without firing a single bullet).
    (nade spawners only spawn 15 nades when there are 40~ humans, push gun is just lvl 3 wind materia with 60 sec cooldown, slow mo has 2 minutes cooldown, flamethrower is limited to 20 sec and the heal guns make you immortal similar to lvl 3 heal materia for several seconds, mini nuke only damages the boss for like 20-25% of the total hp or sth and does no damage at all to zombies).

if you have problems with maps that have excessive holding instead of running, there are many others that are as bad or worse than exorath (Flying World, voodoo, legoland, biohazard_rpd even certain parts of minas have high amount of defending points)
    • Agree Agree x 2
      iProbie, May 13, 2012 Last edited by iProbie, May 13, 2012
    • Jul 4, 2011
      The current version of the map isn't bad at all compared to the earlier ones. It's perfectly playable and some people do enjoy it. I'd have to say no.

Minas Tirith is 185MB.

The weapons aren't OP at all, nor too many. Mako Reactor for example has 7 extremely powerfull items, if used well, the zombies literally have no chance (I have never seen every single materia used perfectly in 1 round).
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
        null, May 13, 2012 Last edited by Tony Montana, May 13, 2012
      • Oct 17, 2011
        The map maker of exorath is gone and will not show up on steam no more. It has been a week since I have not seen purpzZ so far but really, the map was helped by good mappers like FirewavezZ and Luffaren and I don't think it is a really big issue and does not always crash the server. It was running fine with me when I played it. I say we keep it. It is one of the best maps that ze has. It is not the only map that laggs on the server.
      • Dec 3, 2011
        People dont cry the map will be updated i just have it bussy lately and since the most groups are giving bans for the most fucked up reasons i just quit playing.
        BUT quit playing doesnt mean i will no longer update the map. The map will be updated so all crybabys can stop cry about the lagg and other things, just give it some time, people have a bussy life compared to others who only have a gaming life. Thats all i wanted to say.

Also, if u guys want to remove the map duo the stuff lagging now, i dont blame you, i know there is lag, but honesly, try make a map like exorath without laggspikes -> its almost IMPOSSIBLE, just saying to people who only can cry but further cant make a map themself. Bye now and wait till its fixxed, for the moment i have NO time.
      • Canadian Moose
        This message by Canadian Moose has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, May 13, 2012, Reason: Not needed..
        May 13, 2012
      • That Guy
        This message by That Guy has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, May 13, 2012, Reason: Not needed cuz the other one was deleted.
        May 13, 2012
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Mako has powerful materias because it's a hell of a lot harder than exorath. I honestly don't care that much for keeping it on the server, we just can't play it that much, too many people have FPS problems and laggspikes.
      • Nov 2, 2011
        The lag is not that bad for me the last time i played it, the issue i had is the boss takes too long to kill and ct's can win because of time limit being reached, not sure if it was already updated the last time i played.
      • Feb 12, 2012
        I personally like this map, it has its own unique look and gameplay, its also a nice change from the maps we play a lot such as Mako, Minas, Etc. The only problem i have is leaving spawn by crossing that bridge which causes massive lag, otherwise I vote it stays.
      • Andrew
        This message by Andrew has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, May 13, 2012, Reason: Same as That Guy's post.
        May 13, 2012
      • Jul 1, 2010
        I don't really have any issue with FPS on this map, and I personally enjoy it. The lowest FPS I get is about 20-25 on the trams, which is acceptable to me.

I guess I'm not really against removing it until an update. We have kept other maps with lag spots (unless they crash the server) so I'm not really seeing any reason that it shouldn't be the same here.

-EDIT-

After playing it again today I have no issue with this staying in rotation. I know personally, I bounced between 35 and 200 fps on the map, which is fine for me. There were no complaints of lag (although we didn't really advance past easy, although I have played up until the last difficulty).

The only issue I saw was the tram bouncing around.
        • Agree Agree x 1
          Dharkk, May 13, 2012 Last edited by Dharkk, May 13, 2012
        • Dec 6, 2011
          How many people were on? When I play with a full server, there's usually some big time lag spikes at a few parts.
        • Apr 1, 2012
          My bad then. The .RAR file from H and K blog link is only 95 MB. So I thought it's only 95 MB.

on-topic: I've always set the graphics settings in CS:S to the very minimum that my comp can bare. Using different .cfg files in forums like gamebanana to optimize fps and graphic issues. So far, the only lag issues I had in exorath are during the spawn and the fps-destroying particles that mini nuke has in the boss battles.
        • Jul 1, 2010
          Server had 55ish right at the start, believe it got up to 60. We kept predator on with its lag issues and whatnot (until mostly the elevator and until it started crashing) and exorath probably isn't any worse, so I don't see why we wouldn't keep exorath on. It's certainly playable and doesn't crash the server.
        • Dec 6, 2011
          Oh I thought we removed Pred, and it's odd, I've never been on for it's crashing. Either I'm lucky or people are just over-exaggerating.
          • Agree Agree x 1