Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not Abuse Canadian Moose needs to settle down

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Andrew, May 9, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 12, 2012
    I fully realize that I was pushing the issue with the admins and interfering somewhat with their management of the server, even though they were done handling the situation. I take issue with the fact that I received no warning before being gagged, and had to spend the last 3 rounds of Mako still gagged so I could not talk to my teammates and communicate strategy.

Pretty sure this is the second time Canadian Moose has done this to me in the last week or two (I'm not 100% sure, it may have been another admin). I didn't post about it because it wasn't a big deal (also because the admin ungagged me after 1 round). After two times though, I would like to gently point out to Canadian Moose that he needs to enjoy his power a little less.

I have no further comment on jookbob's ban.
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    Do not interfere with admins doing their jobs.
    This includes arguing with admins regarding their decisions. If you disagree with a certain admin's actions, post about it on our forums and let us know. This is the best route you can take. Arguing in-game won't go anywhere but down.

This is a rule, although you did bring it here, you argued with them first. Please understand what has gone wrong here, and just correct your mistakes, I think that's all that needs to be said.

@The Canadian Moose
  3. Apr 12, 2012
    Quietly, I agree, I was interfering. I just think that given the situation (other people expressing confusion, the fact that I am not a troublemaker, the fact that I wasn't being rude to the admins) would have warranted a warning for me before being gagged for the rest of the map. That's basically all I wanted to say in this thread, which is why I titled it as I did.
  4. Feb 14, 2012
    I do not believe I have to say any more than what Quietly has said. You were warned to take it to the forums which you are capable of as proven by this thread then you were gagged for one round. The map changed one round later.
  5. Jan 21, 2011
    He warned you. Its in the log you posted.
  6. Apr 12, 2012
    Canadian Moose and Seks - if you are talking about "(Admin) The Canadian Moose: If you have a problem with admin action you can take it up on our forums. Not in here.", that was actually directed at Phalefest, because I hadn't even commented at that point. The log posted above is filtered to remove lots of other chat and console spam. I did not see that comment (and it was not directed at me).

Canadian Moose.. it was at least 3 rounds, including the one you gagged me (we were waiting in the trains at round start on Mako when you gagged me). Server logs will show this.

edit - I was ungagged on map change. I doubt you actually manually ungagged me as I was gagged at the very end of Mako and ungagged at the beginning of paper.
  7. Feb 14, 2012
    The warning was directed at the server. If it was only for Phalefest it would have had his name in it.
  8. jookbob
    This message by jookbob has been removed from public view. Deleted by PeturD, May 9, 2012, Reason: Irrelevant..
    May 9, 2012
  9. Canadian Moose
    This message by Canadian Moose has been removed from public view. Deleted by Seks, May 9, 2012, Reason: now irrelevant.
    May 9, 2012
  10. jookbob
    This message by jookbob has been removed from public view. Deleted by PeturD, May 9, 2012, Reason: Irrelevant..
    May 9, 2012
  11. Apr 12, 2012
    Phalefest was the only one that had commented, and your warning was nearly immediately after. There was no need to personalize the warning; it could only be directed at him. No one else had made a comment, so I do not understand how it is reasonable to suppose that your warning was directed at anyone other than Phalefest, especially when it lacked both my name or 'Hey everybody' in the message.

Again... it was not the fact that you gagged me, Moose. It was the fact that you gagged me without warning and left me gagged for the rest of the map. If mako had been extended 2 times, would you even have remembered to ungag me? It was a map change that eventually did it, so I doubt you would have.
  12. Feb 14, 2012
    Your gag would have been removed. If it was going to be longer the map change would not have stopped that. You would have been gagged again. You were gagged to stop the argument that was erupting in the chat and nothing more.
  13. jookbob
    May 9, 2012
  14. Feb 1, 2011
    No abuse here. I was there for the incident. Jook deserved his ban, and Dick Cheney you just started spamming at the wrong time. Canadian Moose had been dealing with Jook already for 20+ minutes before you chimed in. Not sure why you're surprised you were gagged as well.

Locked :neutral:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.