Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Cannot pay via paypal through credit card (I have money on ACCOUNT though)

Discussion in Help Desk started by JorisCeoen, Apr 13, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 9, 2012
    The title says it all... I cannot get donator for PlagueFest simply because Pf doesn't support account transactions and relies onto credit cards to do the job... I have Maestro which is an incompatible service with PayPal. Now I can't get donator whatsoever and I really was looking forward to this :S Besides I love the PlagueFest servers so I want to support their services!

Is there really NO way to get it via account or something? We are 2012, I thought that was possible for today's standards.

Joris Ceoen
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    PayPal IS "today's standards." PayPal accepts many kinds of payment methods, try looking further into those.
  3. Apr 9, 2012
    Well, it offers many kinds of payments, Pf only offers one, so I don't see the point in that comment.

I've seen another thread here of someone with the same problem (I couldn't reply to it that's why I started this topic) and he somehow was helped by Purpzz and he got his donator status somehow. Maybe I should contact purpzz to look further into this.

EDIT: With one payment method, I mean credit card payment. I do not think of VISA/Mastercard/AmericanExpress/Discover as 4 seperate payements. In Belgium I can only think of VISA but since I have Maestro it doesn't work for me. It's reall strange, because Paypal is one of the rare systems that allow debit card users to transact money to an account so they still can pay through the internet even though having a debit card. It's just that Pf has chosen not to support this advanced feature of PayPal and that's why I cannot give any support at this moment.

So, there are 2 options I see so far: Either paying via account (What I can do) or via any of those 4 credit cards (What I can't) :frown:
  4. Apr 9, 2012
    I have seen that you can donate via account on the normal donation (which doesn't give you donator status however) but some topics with people & the same problem have been doing it via that way. They donate via the normal donation mode and then get manually donator status. If that would be possible, I would be grateful :smile:
  5. Jan 21, 2011
    If you can donate on the main page, you can buy a donator subscription. This isn't a Plaguefest issue, it's a Paypal one. All you have to do is find a way to put money on your Paypal account, then buy donator.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Apr 9, 2012
    But I HAVE money ON my account. Note that I do NOT have a credit card linked onto my account, and that's what PayPal asks... So it's not the problem that I cannot get money onto my account, I simply cannot skip the part where you have to link a CC to your account.
  7. Apr 9, 2012
    Well I'm exactly in that one situation where in Belgium you cannot link Maestro to PayPal. In many other countries it's possible to do this but in Belgium you can't. I'm f**ked... Now I'll never be able to get Donator.
  8. Jan 21, 2011
    There's really nothing we can do about it then. Have you tried contacting PayPal?
  9. Apr 9, 2012
    Yea. Subscriptions work with credit cards only. Debit cards can only be added via a primaire banking account, so you can add money ONTO your paypal account, but apparantly, paying with your account only works for one time transactions like on Steam for buying games and such, but it doesn't work for subscriptions.

I overestimated PayPal's possibilities, but I can understand the favor of direct payement... I cannot get a VISA card even if it was free because I would have to pay €15/month extra. Not that I care that much but I'm still a student and I haven't a monthly income, so there's no interest and no possibility for me atm to afford a CC.

I'll stay a free player then...

EDIT: And it's strange, because paying via your account is also directly done just like a CC, but ok, I won't investigate any further now.
  10. Jan 21, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.