Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Cannot Purchase Admin?

Discussion in Help Desk started by shoultzy, Oct 21, 2012

1. Oct 21, 2012
    Okay well i want admin soooo bad.
    I put $20 on a Vanilla Visa Card, activated it, and added it to my paypal (I use these cards like 1-3 times a week so I i'm pretty confident i set it up correctly)
    but when I go to purchase admin it says "We were unable to verify your credit or debit card. To proceed with your purchase, please select a different payment method or add a different credit or debit card, then click Continue."

Like I said i'm experienced with these cards so i think I got it down right.
    Does anybody know how to fix this?
    or Can I trade this $20 Vanilla Visa CC for a subscription with a admin or something?
  2. Jan 12, 2011
    Is it a type of Visa gift card? If so, you'll need to register the card to use it online, which is different from activating a card. IIRC, activating means the money is on the card and can be spent in stores, and that's usually done right as the card is issued from a store/bank. On the back will be an online address you can use to register the card, since that information is necessary to confirm online purchases. If you're familiar with Paypal, then I'm sure you won't have any issue after that. (Just in case though, here's the link to help you out with Paypal: http://plaguefest.com/threads/surprises-guide-to-using-a-prepaid-card-in-paypal.8146/)

Alternatively, you may have a type of card that either takes longer to verify or for some reason doesn't work with us. Could you be more specific, @shoultzy?
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    Vanilla Visa stopped allowing people to add critical info to their cards when registering. Before it allowed you to register name, address, phone, etc.
  4. Jan 12, 2011
    Vanilla Visa is a type of card? *Googles* Oh. I thought Shoultzy was referring to "vanilla" in the generic sense.
  5. Oct 21, 2012

like i said I've been using these cards forever now. I know how to activated them/register.
    It's still not working.
    I take it that Vanilla Visa just doesn't work for plaguefest
  6. Feb 21, 2007
    this is a good question for @Brian
  7. Jun 4, 2006
    Like Sajak said, I think Paypal stopped accepting vanilla visa.

I personally have no experience with these types of cards and paypal but some googling might provide a solution presuming you haven't scoured all the search results already.

https://encrypted.google.com/search?q="We were unable to verify your credit or debit card. To proceed with your purchase, please select a different payment method or add a different credit or debit card, then click Continue."&oq="We were unable to verify your credit or debit card. To proceed with your purchase, please select a different payment method or add a different credit or debit card, then click Continue."&sugexp=chrome,mod=0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=paypal vanilla visa&oq=paypal vanilla visa&sugexp=chrome,mod=0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I skimmed the first 5-10 results of each search and there were a few things you could try, and things in comments that some users said worked (was posted 5 months ago though so who knows - page im talking about is here http://sayithowitis.hubpages.com/hub/Vanilla-Visa-Gift-Card-to-paypal), but a lot of the info/results did seem somewhat varied and inconclusive.

If you manage to get it going, please share the solution.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Oct 21, 2012
      And like i said. I have been using Vanilla Visas 1-3 times a week for like 4 years.
      I just used one 2 days ago.
    • Dec 19, 2008
      There must of been a very recent update to paypal
    • Oct 21, 2012
      And you guys are misunderstanding.
      It's already ACTIVATED/REGISTERED and it's already LINKED to my paypal.
      It's not working when I try to buy Admin.
      I hate to sound like a dick but your all sending me information I already know of.
      Plus paypal is angering me So i'm sorry if i seem on the mean side
    • Mar 12, 2008
      stupid question, but are you located in the United States?

EDIT: Found this on the Vanilla Visa card website -
      Due to changes in applicable law, gift cards purchased after March 31, 2012 may not be used for international transactions or purchases. Please use gift cards for domestic U.S. transactions or purchases only.

So if for whatever reason, if you are outside the US, you won't be able to pay for admin using this card if i'm reading this correctly

I accidentally my text too, it seems
      Taters, Oct 21, 2012 Last edited by Taters, Oct 21, 2012
    • Sep 14, 2008
      I know vanilla cards aren't set up for reoccurring billing..so that might be why.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Nov 11, 2011
        I believe Dani might be correct. If it is too much of a hassle, feel free to add @Luffaren (only guy I would trust, no offense), I'm sure he would be willing to work something out with you. :tremble:
      • Nov 29, 2010
        As of recently, Paypal has changed their regulations with gift cards, I ran into a similar problem myself a few months back.

You cannot use gift cards to purchase admin. Hands down.

Also: How old are you?
      • Nov 11, 2011
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Mar 12, 2008
        • Oct 21, 2012
          I have a money pak card.
          But Paypal won't let me upload money to it.
          Would anybody be nice enough to upload my Moneypak card for $5?
        • Feb 24, 2011
          I do feel flattered by your confidence in me, although i'm terribly sorry to say that i have no real experience regarding vanilla cards in any manner.
          I'm afraid that i won't be of any bigger help here.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Funny Funny x 1