Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Can't find demos

Discussion in Technical Support started by Yuppi, Apr 30, 2013

1. May 18, 2012

I've realised that the update fucked up things for many of you guys, but nothing has been strange at all for me, until now..
    Maybe it's not a big problem but I need help anyways

I always save the demos I wanna save at the desktop to make sure it won't disappear, so I copied the demo I wanted to watch and pasted it in cstrike. I also removed every single demo that I already had in cstrike so I easier could find it.

Then, when I started up CS:S and was gonna check the demo, I couldn't find the one I wanted to watch, I could only find the demos that I already removed.

Are the demos in another place or is this some kind of bug?
  2. Jul 8, 2012
    My best suggestion would be to make a new demo with a unique name, then open My Computer and type in the name in the search field. You'll find it fast and easy.
  3. Jun 11, 2012
    Use demoui in console. It will let you browse your PC for the demo you want to watch at any directory may it be your Desktop, D:/, Cstrike, or anywhere really.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Mar 26, 2012
      Before Update: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\<username>\counter-strike source\cstrike\

eg if your username was Yuppi, it would be at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Yuppi\counter-strike source\cstrike\

After Update: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\

Pretty much they only changed it from <username> to common.
    • May 18, 2012
      Yeah that's what I'm using. I did put the demo I wanted to watch in cstrike, and when I'm using demoui I can only find the demos I removed in cstrike.

Never mind I found it, I'm retarded sometimes :razz:
    • Jun 11, 2012
      I'm retarded all the time. Knowing does help sometimes.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1