Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Can't join Minigame server, odd error message?

Discussion in CS:S Custom Maps started by Schavles, Sep 13, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 19, 2012
    Hey guys for the past few days Ive tried joining the server with this message (The name of the map changes with the map the server is currently on obviously):
    [IMG]
    So I check my maps folder and the map is there no problem so its an issue connecting. I tried deleting all my maps and rejoining, still same problem. It doesn't happen with any other server so it has to be server side, right??

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
  2. Feb 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
    • Aug 19, 2012
    • Jul 16, 2012
      You'll have to directly DL it, macs can't download larger maps (or so I've heard)
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Aug 19, 2012
        Roaster, your statement makes absolutely no sense. And if you read the rest of the post instead of blaming it on the mac, you'd see the maps download just fine and I can play them just fine on other servers.
        Post Merged, Sep 13, 2012
        And also, the same maps I already downloaded aren't loading that loaded just fine before, so it has to be an issue with the server, or a configuration error with the server on my end.
      • Feb 14, 2012
        The Mac version of counter strike is not compatable with the fast download server Plaguefest is using you're getting CRC map errors. Go down to the donator lounge below and download the map packs. Add them to your cstrike directory found in...

~/Library/ApplicationSupport/Steam/commonapps/yourusername/cstrike/maps
      • Aug 19, 2012
        Never Enough, the maps worked fine recently with all maps, and the maps are in my maps folder already.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        Grab a stop watch, if you get the error after 30s there's been a regression with Mac downloading (Curl).
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Jul 16, 2012
          Am I the only one who notices all the six's in Kyles signature. Especially the green trio, or are there others who aren't stuck on the cutfucked cat?
          Yea mac is stupid. You have to do a ton of TLC if you want anything done on a mac.
        • Aug 19, 2012
          Fixed it! Deleted my entire cstrike folder and it works fine now.
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Apr 9, 2007
            • Funny Funny x 2
            • Aug 19, 2012
              No not the install folder, just where the maps and configs are held, whole folder was around 200 megs. Deleted its contents and restarted, clean slate. Works great now.
            • Nov 11, 2011
              • Funny Funny x 2
              • Like Like x 1
              • Feb 14, 2012
                Please don't spam threads we're trying to help someone in.
                • Agree Agree x 2
                • Jul 14, 2010
                  His problem was solved so locking. Just let a solved thread die next time rather than having us have to lock it...
                Thread Status:
                Not open for further replies.