Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Can't load downloaded demos

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Super Mario, May 12, 2013

1. Oct 17, 2011
    Hi, i downloaded demos yesterday from my friend and they don't seem to load with me. I open up console and typed playdemo "name" but it says:
    CDemoFile::Open: couldn't open file zm_elites1.dem for reading.

I also typed demoui and tried to browse them and they wouldn't also show on the list.

Here are the demos anyways. These are from my event for my team yesterday.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?i227yj29eaa2m

1. [IMG]
        Latest: Youtube LulzRayne Valar, Today at 2:02 AM

RS
  2. Mar 30, 2013
    Where did you place it ? Normally in cstrike to make demo work or in Counter-Strike:Source i can't remember
  3. Oct 17, 2011
    yes i placed it in the cstrike folder along with my other demos. I just found out that record demo command is broke too and they do not save in the cstrike folder. It could possibly be the last update that fucked up the demo system.
  4. Jul 1, 2010
    Mine save to the cstrike folder (after reinstalling after a format) and did right after the update as well. Don't know if a reinstall for your friend is in order or not. If you haven't recorded one yourself I would test it out as well.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      1. Make sure your counter-strike folder isn't for some reason set as Read Only
      2. If you're on Windows 7, go all the way back to Program Files (x86) if you're on 64-bit, or Program Files if you're on 32-bit, right click on steam folder, and click Take Ownership to take over the folder properly.
      3. Which demo can't you open? i've opened the first 3 just fine.
      4. On demo 2 right at the beginning, Sacabu presses f10 or something and the quit menu comes up. When he closes it, the whole hud disappears, and you cant bring up console, chat box, pause menu, or anything. If your game is being nice enough, it will let you click cancel before you're stuck with the quit menu. First time i played the demo, the Quit menu came up and i couldn't click on anything, but t he second time i close click cancel.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Oct 17, 2011
        It works. it seems that after the update the demos go to your css folder in common not in username.
        one more question:
        how can you check the scores during a demo? The tab doesn't seem to show work while playing a demo.
      • Jul 1, 2010
        As far as I know the person taking the demo has to bring up the scoreboard, don't think you are able to do that in a demo.
      • Oct 29, 2010
        I don't think it's relevant to the error I'm getting. I tried but did not work.

Host_Error: DataTable_ParseClientTablesFromBuffer failed.
      • Jul 1, 2010
        Is it an older demo? from what I'm reading this usually occurs after an update that causes demos before the update to be unplayable.
      • Jul 4, 2011
      • Jul 1, 2010
        Then I doubt there is a way to get it to work unfortunately. Haven't seen anywhere where someone has successfully done it yet.