Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Can't see CSS sprays

Discussion in Technical Support started by JulsCuts, Apr 18, 2013

1. Oct 25, 2012
    Since the recent CSS update I can't see any spray at all (public servers or custom games).

Things I've tried:

- Reinstalled CSS from zero (deleting the entire folder, disabling the Cloud synch. from Steam and from the advanced options in the game)
    - Checking the cache files integrity through the Steam options for CSS
    - Using the cl_playerspraydisable 0 in my autoexec.cfg

but none of the above worked...
  2. Mar 5, 2013
  3. Apr 9, 2007
    Its our server. I thought I fixed it, but apparently I failed. Sorry about that. I'll take another look later today. Unless if it doesn't work on local servers?
  4. Jan 11, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Oct 25, 2012
      Yep, in my case doesn't even work in custom games.
    • Mar 12, 2008

@JulsCuts did you opt-in for the steampipe beta? IMO It seems like anyone that didn't opt-in for steampipe before the force-update has tons of problems
    • Oct 25, 2012
      No, I didn't opt-in for the SteamPipe Beta.
    • May 31, 2012

but I heard other people have the same problem. I was on the other day and @benmytot was experiencing the same difficulty.
    • Nov 19, 2010
    • May 31, 2012
      My spray is so awesome it upsets benmytot when he can't see it. Did it get resolved for you or still having the same problem?

I wonder what all of you have in common that is preventing sprays from displaying??
    • Nov 19, 2010
      Nope.. Re-installing didn't help at all..
    • May 30, 2012
      I was on a danish server with a friend earliere today and he couldn't see my spray either which he could before the update, so i think it's a global issue. :confused:
    • Mar 30, 2013

cl_playerspraydisable 0 = // Enable players's spray

then this

r_spray_lifetime 1 = // number of round, players's spray can be see

I hope this will resolve your problem :smile:
    • Nov 19, 2010
    • Mar 30, 2013
      I have maybe the solution, but I must know if to change your spray:
      • you used the "logo" folder (cstrike/materials/vgui/logo) or
      • if you used the other technic --> Go in Option/Multiplayer/Change the spray (during the game)
      Because its maybe those who used the first technic who have problem now with sprays.
    • Oct 25, 2012
      Like I said, I've already used the 1st command and the 2nd didn't work either, but thanks anyway.
      Also,
      I always use the 2nd option and I'm still having the problem, but if you or anyone have more suggestions please post them.
    • Feb 8, 2013
      ヽ(`Д´)ノ ┻━┻ OMG THIS IS A CATASTROPHE I CANT SEE MY SPRAYS, 10,000 PF DOLLARS TO THE HERO WHO SOLVES THIS TERRIBLE PROBLEM
    • Apr 19, 2013
      This is a huge problem for me. I'm in the "business" of making sprays and this update has put me on an unexpected break. :frown:
      I've been constantly searching around for a solution for the last 3 days, but I've found nothing that works.

Here's something that I found on the steamforums. You can try it, but it did not work for me so I doubt it will work for you.
      By the way, I'm new here. Never been on the plaguefest servers, and the only reason I registered was for this thread. D:
      • Like Like x 1
      • May 14, 2011
        I have no idea what the issue is. D: I have my materials both in cstrike/downloads/materials and in cstrike/materials. Haven't had a problem with sprays after the update.

Maybe you need to put them in both these folders? This just worked fine for me.
      • Apr 19, 2013
        Have tried that as well. Still nothing. :frown:
        It's not really my problem (or not yet, at least), but the people I make sprays for. I already have a spray that I am satisfied with, but the people who I make sprays for is not able to use their new spray/can't see it. :S

It will however be my problem once I want a new spray. :razz:
        WriteX, Apr 19, 2013 Last edited by WriteX, Apr 19, 2013