Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Car Issues Need Help

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by [pF] LuciD, Jan 6, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 31, 2012
    So today, i tried to start up my car to go to the gym. low and behold it didn't start. The battery works fine, lights work fine, battery even makes that start up noise like its trying to start up. I had a friend look at it and he said it could be either the fuel filter (Few days ago my friend was revving the engine pretty hard, thinking that could possibly be it) or a simple part thats broken/malfunctioning. Was wondering if anyone had some insight into this or if it happened to you what you did to fix it.

Car is a Toyota tC Scion 2008.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!:hammer::hammer:
  2. Oct 13, 2011
    Hit your starter with a hammer or something heavy gently, if it starts, take it straight to a mech, have it replaced.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Apr 26, 2015
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jan 21, 2011

Does the engine spin when you try to start it?
      • Feb 8, 2013
        You have to probably get a new starter. It if squeels and it doesn't start up, then it's most likely your starter. Should look like a cylinder, located in the lower end of your block.

Shouldn't let your friend toy with your car. Better hope it isn't involving anything in the head of the engine or you'll have to prepare for some major $$, possibly a swap.
        Orange, Jan 6, 2016 Last edited by Orange, Jan 6, 2016
      • Dec 17, 2007
        join the club my truck won't start, cut out on me last night when i was on my way to work
      • Dec 28, 2014
        could be a lot of things. Lucid if your car is making that starting up noise, like the loud revving, but then not turning on? Then that is a dead battery bro
      • May 31, 2012
        Sounds like its trying to start with no gas but i filled it up the day before.
        [pF] LuciD, Jan 7, 2016 Last edited by [pF] LuciD, Jan 7, 2016
      • Jan 21, 2011
        So the engine spins when you turn the key?
      • Feb 8, 2013
        You got to explain what sounds it makes or answer some of the questions asked. It's already hard since we can't take a look at it. Does it sound like it's choking/bluppering? Should probably record a sound clip with your phone.
      • Apr 9, 2012
      • Dec 28, 2014
        lol stop trying to start it thats bad for the engine. Just call AAA, yeah if the lights are working it's prob not the battery idk bro ur prolly fucked:fingers-crossed:

fuck idk try starting it in neutral if u do
        [pF] jedi, Jan 7, 2016 Last edited by [pF] jedi, Jan 7, 2016
      • Oct 11, 2012

just walk.
      • May 31, 2012
        via https://soundcloud.com/lucid-600443553/car-start

Battery works fine, lights and everything turn on. Uncles good at fixing shit so I try to go to him before paying those hard earned dollars.
      • Jan 21, 2011
        It's either not sparking at all which seems unlikely since there are individual coils for each cylinder, or its not getting fuel. You may need to replace the fuel pump.
      • Jun 29, 2014
      • Feb 8, 2013
        They shouldn't be wet unless your friend peed on them.
      • Jun 29, 2014
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Mar 12, 2016
          From what you described it sounds like bad fuel/plugs. Remover the plugs and see how dirty they are if they are wet they are more than likely bad or its the fuel. OR you just need to add oil, newer cars wont even start if oil is too low.
        • Dec 17, 2007
          @Donald plz check the dates on threads the next time you post on them, this was an issue for Lucid back in January, it is now March. I can only hope that Lucid was able to fix the problem by now or learn about mass transit. And also necro posting is against forum rules sry bud.
        Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.