Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Change to nominations?

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by teemo, Mar 3, 2014

1. Jan 25, 2014
    So recently the server has crashed a lot. Which is fine but the problem I see is that 1 person gets to keep re nominating the same map after it was just played 30 minutes ago. Without naming names, there are 2 people on zm that nominate probably 70 percent of the maps played when they are on and they are chosen because everyone just spams one. This is because they are the first to type nominate and have super fast computers.

I would suggest that maybe each nomination has a random chance of being the first option so that 2 players don't run the server for the maps played.

I would like to hear thoughts about this as well
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Apr 3, 2013
      2) bind x "say @nominate ze/zm_map_vx_x"
      3) When it says "Sending Client Info" in the loading screen, start spamming your bound button.
      4) Change your nomination.

Super fast computers has nothing to do with loading times here.
      • Useful Useful x 1
      • Apr 24, 2012
        As kloud stated you can bind the nomination to a key so you can nominate quicker. I don't think we need a randomizing nomination because the people who nominate first should get the first nomination.
      • Jun 11, 2012
        LONG LIVE GLORIOUS SSD MEMBERS OF GALACTICA!
        Also yeah, that whole reset server thing I mean it does pose a question but usually it hasn't bother to a whole big extend. But playing mako 3 time in a row that one time drove me crazy. There is also this thing called "Admin Common Standards" which is if, a level 3+ admin, should do a nomination, if she/he/it was present , for yet to be played maps. Trying to at least give a variety between server restarts.
      • Aug 12, 2012
        and it off to the races for the first nomination every time the map changes!
      • Jan 30, 2013
        Cheep method that work when your actually ingame and fully loaded by SM :razz:
        75% of the time I load before source-mod/access does, so I get "you dont have access to this command" spammed in my console when I do this before I actually get the access. Defeats the point of an SSD lel

Also, 1 key press only or nubz.

And yea, nominations should get randomized regardless of nom position
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Feb 3, 2012
          binding nominations would work fine if you get on the server fast enough.
        • Jan 25, 2014
          Also randomizing the nominations would provide for more variety.
        • Aug 12, 2012
          unless there people shouting on the mic spam 1 or any other number. What about an auto mute when vote comes up then everyone is unmute when vote over?
        • Jan 25, 2014
          well generally just people spam 1 even when nobody says anything but that would be a step in the right direction.
        • Nov 17, 2012
          SSD pls, always first in game.
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • May 31, 2012
            I think @Detonator is still working on a voting randomization to keep things interesting. I tagged him because I am not sure if it is still a work in progress; I have only seen it in testing and it had promising results.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Dec 17, 2007
              i would be fine with the nomination the way they are…just if we can get rid of so many panic maps…and 4-way tunnel…then i wouldn't see any problems w/the nominations or rotations
              • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
              • May 31, 2012
                I like the panic maps and I also like 4-way. I would be deeply saddened if they were removed.
              • Dec 17, 2007
                i like panic maps too...but i think there are just too many of them...i literally went frm one panic map to another to another one time...bc everyone kept voting on them even when the map was the first choice
              • Mar 19, 2011
                Death, Taxes, Threads about changing the Nomination system. 3 facts of life
              • Apr 1, 2012
                You forgot about Future Servers Suggestions
              • Sep 25, 2010
                The plugin is sort of finished. I'm still new to plugin writing and make mistakes so plugin still needs to be looked over by Kyle. Unfortunately he is quite busy with other larger projects; his time is limited. So until then, soldier on folks!
                • Winner Winner x 1
                • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
                • May 31, 2012
                  This is good to hear, thank you for sharing your updates with us!
                • Jan 25, 2014
                  @Detonator thank you for the update I was able to pick 80 percent of the maps on today with just my nomination glad someone has already come up with something and just needs some final touches.