Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Changes

Discussion in News started by Kyle, Jul 19, 2013

1. Apr 9, 2007

So we've had our ban list for many, many years now. We used to lose it all the time due to unfixed Source Engine exploits (which still exist today... lol). Keeping this ban list has been a pretty scary relic of our past, was our protection against hackers, exploiters, and many other nasties. However, again, this is a relic of the past. Do we still need this? Probably not. We've been contemplating it for a while, and today is the day that we've dumped our ban list. Rather, all bans that were a year or older, and on the day before the 1 year anniversary of @DopeScope's permanent ban! However, you should probably be reminded that he evaded, so DopeScope would still be banned today. A total of 7,445 bans were lifted, which were all over a year old. This does not mean everyone was unbanned.

Another change includes Goomba Stomping enemy players, which is on the Zombie servers. Should you as a Zombie jump on someone's head, they will be infected. However, if you're a Human jumping on a Zombie, you will deal a ton of damage to them. Jump enough times to kill them, and play a sound from our wonderful UT3 announcer (sm_announer / !announcer).

The other change is a slight tweak to the Spray Tracer. Using sm_sprayj, you can jump to a players spray should you be in spectate. Using sm_sprayt you can view if the client has an active spray, its location relative to you (if you're into hide and seek or whatever), and the usual data.

The newest change is the re-addition of our AntiBhop plugin. m_flMaxspeed broke sometime ago (the value is complete garbage), resulting in AntiBhop not functioning. The game's PreventBunnyJump function as a result, doesn't function as well. I've hacked something together (Thanks to @Detonator for testing and printing the value) that doesn't use m_flMaxspeed, so we have a AntiBhop plugin again. If there's a problem with it (like it doesn't work with Water (untested)), let me know in this thread and I'll look into it.

The final change is the opening up of our Party plugin for all players, on all Zombie servers. See http://plaguefest.com/threads/party-system.16314/ for more details (including command usage).

Huge thanks to @Brian for helping me come up with the SourceBans Query.

Thanks.
    • Like x 26
    • Wizard! x 9
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
      Kyle, Jul 19, 2013 Last edited by Kyle, Jul 19, 2013
    • Oct 29, 2010
      I've gone 80 days straight without touching any video games.

I guess I'm reinstalling css tonight. . .

EDIT: False alarm. Got invited over for drinks
      • Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
        meeko, Jul 19, 2013 Last edited by meeko, Jul 19, 2013
      • Sep 7, 2010
      • Apr 24, 2012
      • Nov 17, 2012
        Now it relieves some stress off the admins who have to watch for bhoppers ^_^
      • Jul 8, 2012

Awesome work @management. Can't wait to get home and test out all the new stuff. :zombiekiller:
      • Jun 23, 2010
        Awesome! Thank you for the hard work and good job everyone!
      • Apr 1, 2012
        so, you use @sprayj <player's name> and then you'll be instantly "teleported" to the player's spray?

nice changes, keep up the excellent work!
        • Like Like x 1
        • May 31, 2012

CLEVER. I like it.
        • Oct 29, 2010
          • Funny Funny x 3
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Oct 17, 2011
            Can the high bhop velocity stay on the zm server? Lots of people like it and bhoping on zm is not against the rules. It makes the server more fun.
            Other than that, finally you guys wake up. PF rank on gametracker went down so much in one week because it was dead. Maybe it can be rebuild and become the first best server of all times like it used to be again.
          • Jul 14, 2010
            Pretty sure it only applies to zombie escape because that is the only server bhopping is against the rules :razz:
            • Informative Informative x 2
            • May 31, 2012
              Could you imagine bhop maps in MG using the plugin lol :giggle: I could imagine a lot of pissed off players.
            • Jun 23, 2010
              Oh we will :evilgrin:
              Post Merged, Jul 19, 2013
              It would be craaaaazzzzzzyyyyyyyy :evilgrin:
            • Jul 8, 2013
              Will the zombies take world damage or damage from the actual player when you jump on their heads? A very important question for all the frag whores out there. (Including myself)
            • Jun 23, 2010
              If I remember correctly from last night, I think its from player damage. But I might be wrong.
            • May 31, 2012
              From what I have seen: (i) Zombie jumps on human head -> infect human and (ii) human jumps on zombie head -> ~ 2000 hp / notable damage applied to zombie. No other conditions to affect the person who is on top.

edit: disregard, I didn't understand the question the first time. You are actually asking about a mechanism of the damage.

I thought it might be world damage ie. like a door closing on the person or person with fall damage. I can't confirm this though.
            • Mar 20, 2012
              These changes/fixes are looking mighty sexy right now.
            • Jan 14, 2012
              Really like the changes! The party plugin is fun, but the anti bhop plugin might be the biggest change here imo! No more worrying about bhoppers, yay :grin:
              • Like Like x 1
              • Jul 8, 2013
                I can confirm that the human gets the kill, just tried it out.

• Like Like x 1
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Informative Informative x 1