Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Changes

Discussion in News started by Kyle, Jul 19, 2013

1. Mar 20, 2011
  2. May 31, 2012
    This is even better than using a knife! Thanks dude :grin: no more knife for me.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Jun 23, 2010
    • Feb 27, 2012
      I like the ban list clear. I mean sure, people came on to troll or got banned for acting dumb or childish. But clearing the banlist gives them another chance, because maybe they've matured a little since their perm ban. And if not, they can go right back to where they were.

Thank you @management for this, and all the hard work with the servers, plugins, and exploits that you have fixed.
      • Agree Agree x 4
      • Apr 3, 2013
        There have been problems with jumping lately. Alot of players have had this too, where you find yourself unable to jump or you get pushed down. This is very annoying in where you need to "time jumps", or jump far distances, like in rooftop or mako. It's like if an admin slaps you, or the plugin thinks you are having a way too high velocity and stops you. It is very annoying and my guess is that the plugin causes this. There's also a chance i could be wrong.

That was just regular jumping too, no bunny hopping or anything that grants you speed.

I got a demo of an example of that happening, pm me if you want it.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        Is there any reason why you can't attach it to your post?

So you're saying you can't jump at all? If you're jumping, landing, then jumping again, what is that?
      • Apr 3, 2013
        Thought you wanted a demo in PM, Don't know how to import a demo in a forum post, so i'll just put it up on this site.

The thing is, when you do a regular jump, you just get pushed down. You jump again but it's just the same outcome.
      • Apr 12, 2012
        I just messed around with it a bit, on level ground I can't break 400 and seems to be working perfectly. However, when gaining speed down a slope without jumping (the first part of rooftop runaway) it seems to drastically slow you at the bottom if you try to bhop (jump once). I went from roughly 1000 to about 300 immediately after the first jump. Is this intended functionality? I ask just because in the instance I described it feels kind of weird compared to other anti-bhop plugins I've seen. Does the plugin automatically slow the player to ~300 no matter what the starting velocity is?

Also, I tested it in water, and it works the same way on level ground and works like I described above when I have lots of starting velocity.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        This isn't even close to accurate.

The symptom is "I can't jump at all", unless if I'm totally misunderstanding what you've said so far?
      • Sep 6, 2010
        Good stuff. I feel like a major jail break happened and all the bad people escaped and now roam free :grin: Anyways, good to give them another chance.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • May 14, 2012
          glad to see so many people were unbanned.
        • Aug 7, 2012
          Awesome job with the server updates, thanks!
        • Nov 17, 2012
          I rarely ever bhop and I don't like to, but this plugin is destroying general play. For example, I'm delayed ~5 seconds at this part on pred. I usually land and jump straight away over the boxes as I'm usually the last to defend up top and I've just found it works really well. But now I can't, the plugin (with lag) stops me for ~5 seconds and things like this are really annoying when I'm not even bhopping / trying to bhop. I was also stopped on the river and died because of it (I hold space on the vertical part when you're going down).

And this is just from one map, not sure how many others will be annoying... When you guys said anti-bhop, I thought it wouldn't give you as much velocity from bhopping, not stopping you. I've found bhoppers still get a BIG advantage :l

Quick shot I took while playing, might as well not defend anymore.

[IMG]

EDIT: So on Wester, there is a booster on the final boss. A lot of people raging when they got stopped as they couldn't get into position.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
            Complexity, Jul 19, 2013 Last edited by ΣZΣ | ๖ۣۜComplex1ty, Jul 19, 2013
          • Mar 16, 2012
            i thought dope scope was cool....even though ive only played one game of minas with dope
          • Apr 3, 2013
            On Westersand's epic and godmode stages, there is a push at the final boss (the thing that fires lasers at you), alot of people got killed because of the anti-bhop thing there, as Complexity stated.
          • Mar 20, 2012
            Lucky they got stopped... I was just thrown into Chaos multiple times for no reason, but yeah the anti-bhop plugin seems to work but it also sometimes messes with my first jumps as well, not sure if that's intended or not.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Apr 9, 2007
              That's definitely not intended. Any maps with areas where you can't do this? I mean I don't even think this is possible, but I'll definitely look into it.
              Seriously? :neutral:
              I don't even know how to answer this.

The Plugin Does Not Stop You From Moving.
              • Like Like x 3
              • Oct 29, 2010
                • Like Like x 1
                  meeko, Jul 19, 2013 Last edited by meeko, Jul 19, 2013
                • Mar 20, 2012
                  It wasn't happening on Westersand but I was having some weird problems with jumping on Predator (It would randomly stop me or slow down my jump), not sure if it was the Anti-bhop plugin or what but it happened like once a round until map change.
                • Apr 9, 2007
                  It doesn't slow you at all, it's unfortunately entirely in your head. It prevents you from jumping, the ground is the only control here. I can see if you're moving quickly, changing surfaces, that it can prevent you from jumping, but ultimately why are you jumping multiple times?