Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Changes

Discussion in News started by Kyle, Jul 19, 2013

1. Nov 17, 2012

I do it on every server (with/without boosted Jump), so not sure where you get that from...

Don't appreciate you mocking me and coming to the conclusion that I'm complaining about not being able to bhop etc. anymore before testing it yourself or asking others for opinions. I tried it 3-4 times and it fails hardcore.

Doesn't seem like you get what I'm going at. I said LAND.. (not on the boxes, the bit before) then jump on the boxes to the elevator. I didn't intend to jump over / on the boxes (impossible, even with Extra hop).
    Complexity, Jul 19, 2013 Last edited by ΣZΣ | ๖ۣۜComplex1ty, Jul 19, 2013
  2. Mar 20, 2012
    I was definitely losing speed, but like I said I'm not sure if it was the plugin or not, it probably wasn't. But those were all from single jumps not multiple jumps, the multiple jumps/booster jumps were being stopped as intended by the plugin.
  3. Mar 12, 2008
    This is not a good thing. They're essentially getting an unwarranted second chance. I'm sure all of the documented hackers were still kept permanently banned, but any of those that were banned for repeated racism/scripting/etc get a second chance again.
  4. Jul 1, 2010
    Believe everyone was.
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Mar 30, 2012

The anti-hop plugin seems to try to block your jump by restricting the height of the jump..?
      A skilled BHopper can easily still hop even when the height is blocked, or even gain speed from this.

Also, on some maps, like already mentioned, there are boosters. These are used, for example to calculate the amount of CT's passing, to set boss health.
      After the boost, if you try to jump, to say, dodge a laser the boss throws at you, you are unable to, which results in you getting killed.

Oh, and about the Party -system.
      I tried to set up a party for my clan. It went all well, until we realized that you can only use visible command, "!command".
      This kind of defeats the purpose of party chat, since if you want to chat to your party fast, you need to type !pchat "Message", which also prints the command and text used to the chat.
      Not only this clogs up the chat with everyone's party chat commands, but it also defeats the purpose of the "private" chat.
      Is there any way to set it so party -related commands can be used with "/command" instead of "!command", which results in the original written message to be hidden.

Also, "!pchat", and maybe some others commands are Donator only. Why?
      Why let everyone have a party, join a party, and such, but only Donators to write into the party chat?

That is all.

Edit: I do understand that "sm_command"'s can still be used by console, to hide the message written from the chat, but that is slow, and when you're escaping from zombies, it's not really helpful.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      What exactly is preventing you from using the silent trigger @? Why aren't you using the Party Chat hook which is Team Chat # ?
      Post Merged, Jul 19, 2013
      This was a mistake. I gave Brian a list earlier in the morning, but left this out unfortunately and neither of us realized. It should be fixed.

I don't know what you think tagging me is going to do; I'm already watching the thread :dazed:
      Not in the least bit, it grabs your velocity when you land. So if you're jumping from a great height, yes, that would contribute to your velocity.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Apr 12, 2012
        I don't think true bhopping is possible. I have the donor jump boost and on level ground, I am unable to get 400+ velocity. If anyone really can exceed 400 (on level ground) please demo it, I would love to see it. Plus, even if I'm bhopping at 350, its not in a straight line, so people running straight at 250 are still faster since they have less ground to cover.

Kyle, Blue's second point is what I was trying to describe in my last post - it seems like the plugin doesn't check a players velocity often enough. This results in the plugin activating when a player lands from a jump and has more than 400 velocity due to a boost or falling from a height, and has been on the ground for longer than the bhop 'window'. To bhop (and gain speed doing so) you need to jump within milliseconds of landing. I don't know exactly what the timing is, but for example sake, lets say it is .05 seconds. If you land and jump .1 seconds later, you will not be truely bhopping (gaining speed), but the plugin still kicks in and halts your velocity.

Depending on how you wrote it, I think the fix would be to have the plugin either check the players velocity more often, or to lower the allowed time between jumps.

edit - just saw your post, sry for the tag :frown:
      • Nov 17, 2012
        This was what I was trying to get at and how it was effecting me on Predator, instead being mocked by Kyle when he should have investigated the issue.

EDIT: And that people with higher pings, it's worse for them.
      • Mar 30, 2012
        Could you explain how this works, i don't get it at all.
        Am i supposed to use "@psay" ? or use the Team Chat?
        But everyone on the CT team can see the team chat? Or what if half the party is zombie and half is human?
        This is confusing.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        I lowered the time immediately when you posted. Instead of half a second, it's a tenth of a second. If you're lying to me though, like when you said "This is destroying Gameplay because I can no longer bhop to the elevator" what purpose does that serve?

Client latency doesn't have much to do with this.
        Whatever you prefer?
        What? Are you using the $ Prefix? Maybe this is too difficult for people; I need to go lie down.

EDIT: It's actually $, I should maybe re-read the post, and you should hopefully read it. Maybe we could read through it together? :s
        • Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Apr 12, 2012
          You'll probably have to talk to some pro bhoppers who might know the exact time, but I think the time will need to be lowered even farther to stop the issues people are talking about while still disallowing true bhopping. If I had to guess, I would say the timing is closer to .01 or .02, and definitely no higher than .05. You could probably safely put it at .05. If you've updated it to the ZE server, I'll go try and bhop and give you feedback if youre still working on it tonight.
        • Mar 30, 2012
          I'm trying all these out right now on the server, and none of them works.
          It prints out a message everyone can see, whatever i type. Not good.
        • Apr 9, 2007
          Is it sent to the party as well? Maybe there's a bug?
          • Like Like x 1
          • Mar 30, 2012
            After getting some in-game tips from Kyle, the party system seems to work very well.
            Thanks for the help.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • May 27, 2008
              The turn out of this thread is unbearable.
              • Winner Winner x 1
              • Apr 12, 2012
                Where did you get that gif of pearlsnaps?
                • Funny Funny x 2
                • Mar 30, 2012
                  I don't know who manages the party plugin thing, but i'd have a small(?) request.
                  When using party -only chat, instead of displaying "[Party Name]" before all messages, just display "[Party]".

I'm asking this because if we want to keep the party name a secret, and want to take in-game screenshots, the screenshots would possibly show the party name in the chat.
                  Thanks in advance.
                • Apr 9, 2007
                  Thank you for adding this to your post two hours later.

My goal is never to mock, it's usually to point out the irony with what's being said and what the subtext is. Yourself and Kloud were complaining about things you once could do, and can no longer do. In this case, it's being able to double jump, which is actually bunnyhopping. The usual player doesn't have no fall damage unfortunately (I don't do classes), so if you were to jump from a distance, (like from the Hold Point on Predator), skip the entire side rail, and jump down 150ft to the elevator boxes, the normal player would die. But in your case, you don't die, due to you using Mossman or Pope (or whatever new classes we have for donor). So you do this, since you like to stay behind a lot and hold back the zombies, which is fine. But you can no longer jump immediately after the fall, due to the way it's written, which can be considered a bug (and I'm not going to lie, it is). But your intention seems to be to bhop immediately after the fall (from the horizontal velocity that you've gained from falling), which would result in a hop. The plugin was tested by myself for two hours, tweaking it and making it work for most scenarios. Detonator further tested it this morning and confirmed it was good. There's a bug in SDKHooks where the hook isn't freed for quite sometime, which resulted in SP to throw errors, and ultimately, the "I can't jump bug" happened, which is the worst.

Fixing this case doesn't make much sense, as it shouldn't be happening to begin with. I mean, I guess you guys are using no falldamage like I do when I go bowling with gutter guards, throw the ball and make it bounce off them to try and get a higher score. Maybe this should be entertained?

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from perfect. I have tons of work on my plate, it's never ending, and honestly, I love it. As far as PlagueFest specific work, most of the bug/crash/expoit/stability fixes everyone gets is from what happens here, which is totally fine. What's visible to you guys is some asshole with a keyboard, but hey, I'm trying; I don't usually gloat.
                  • Like Like x 5
                  • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
                  • Jul 20, 2010
                    Kyle you're not mocking or being an asshole :smile:. Don't burn yourself out with all the work. Drink a nice beer or maple syrup :razz:.
                  • Mar 22, 2012
                    anyway server lost all good player banned for simple reason... plaguefest not going to be that was a long time ago

JUST UNBAN ALL people everyone needs a second chance!
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Funny Funny x 1