Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Changes

Discussion in News started by Kyle, Jul 19, 2013

1. Feb 27, 2012
    Regarding to the anti-bunnyhop plugin, if you see a glitch make a DETAILED post in this thread about what the issue is and what causes it. Now, that doesn't mean "I fall down from top on predator_ultimate and try and jump again off of the rocks to get a large speed boost into the elevator wtf is this pls fix admin" If something requires you to jump a second time 5 seconds after you've changed surfaces, then of course it's going to stop you. Maybe 5 seconds is too much, but still, you guys need to RECORD A DEMO of what and where it is glitching out, that way Kyle has something to work with. A demo is the easiest way to show Kyle what he is working with. Please people, this thread was meant to be pretty straight forward, but many of you are taking it way too personally.

I assume there will be issues on some ZE maps where the anti-bhop plugin will almost entirely break the map, but again, that is another reason you'd need to record a demo, and again so Kyle will have something to work with.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Jun 23, 2010

You need some sort of detail for Kyle, so his job can be easier. Record a demo, or explain in detailed, Screenshot, whatever for Kyle.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Oct 18, 2012
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Nov 17, 2012
          Not entirely sure where you got this story from. It's not speed boosting at all, it's almost like a "double jump" so to speak, not a bhop.

It was when I jumped down to the spot BEFORE the boxes then crouch jump on the boxes but with 270 ping I was half way during a jump then got teleported back, so I had to do a small run-up again and it was effecting me badly.

It's not even a speed boost, as discussed before, it was that the plugin wasn't refreshing fast enough and that the "bhop / speed gain" opportunity was already gone and was holding players back. Like some things that need quick jumps after high velocity (i.e River on Pred on the vertical part, Vertical ramp on rooftop etc.). Demo's aren't good (as they are really laggy at 270 ping and don't display what I was getting, but what was on the server)

Anyways, We have already gone through this, no need to bring it back up. I believe Kyle has altered the timings and we shall see when I'm on next.
            Complexity, Jul 20, 2013 Last edited by ΣZΣ | ๖ۣۜComplex1ty, Jul 20, 2013
          • Mar 12, 2008
            You do work. Most of the servers' pop only find out about the forums when they are looking for a subscription (or in the worse cases, banned) anyways so they don't know much of anything that's happening unless someone tells them what's up. All they notice, is like you said: "WTF someone broke something I used to be able to do!" and come post about it instead of looking as to why it's fixed and joining the discussion.
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Feb 27, 2012
              I wasn't referring to anything stated in this thread or to anyone, which proves my statement of people taking it personally (which you are). I was giving an example of when people bunnyhop. Shortly after i made my first admin purchase i used that spot to gain some speed as i was holding top and needed to rush into the elevator, and i was told not to do that because it is bunnyhopping, and it's a very common spot to gain speed. But this isn't the place to discuss this anyhow. It was just an example of mine, probably a poor one as i don't play a whole lot of ZE.
            • Jan 21, 2011

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Apr 4, 2009
                I read this post in a voice that may match your avatar, made it make more sense.
                • Funny x 3
                • Agree x 2
                • Like x 1
                • Zing! x 1
                • Wizard! x 1
                • Jun 23, 2010
                  I read your post in Morgan Freeman voice.
                  • Agree Agree x 2
                  • Feb 11, 2012
                  • Jul 20, 2010
                  • Mar 29, 2012
                    Wouldn't the anti bhop plugin effect paranoid when the super speed trigger is on?
                    • Feb 11, 2012
                    • Jul 1, 2010
                      Did he get banned under something else? Everyone named Jackson is unbanned.
                    • Sep 25, 2010
                      Asking questions like these serve no purpose for this thread. If it is a problem then bring it up and make sure you get proper details as suggested above.
                      • Like Like x 2
                      • Feb 11, 2012
                        Yea under Bruce #take notes, but im sure Mr. Badgriuel will be keeping him banned :frown:
                      • Jul 20, 2010
                        Damn right I will ban evasion, not to mention coming into Mumble afterwards and dropping racial slurs in the channel I was in. He dug his own grave :grin:.
                      • Jul 1, 2010
                        Ah, yeah.. his original account is un-banned but not that one. Just shows that you shouldn't ban evade.
                      • Feb 11, 2012
                        Never knew that...but idc i will always stick by my old friends. He doesnt even play that much to care anyway..and the same goes for me i suppose. I shouldnt care about getting one of my best pals unbanned anyways. He pretty much evaded so he could play with his old friends..not so he could troll like he use to..but i guess some peeps dont get those kinds of chances..doesnt matter anyway..no matter how u shit this brick out.. In the end i still get to talk with him on Steam when he comes on occasionally to catch up instead of having a laugh on the ze server we both use to love to be on all the damn time. I can just automatically assume u hate his ass. as i have always assumed that..
                      • Mar 15, 2011
                        Gangstalicious you're probably the one of the few people I'd come back in here for since you're a respectable guy. For most of you I have ZERO respect for. Blame your own dam selves for being ban happy or allowing it to run out of control. Would I come back? maybe, depends if yall changed a new leaf any but if anything I can just go "somewhere else". All this thread says to me is "Our server population is dropping we need more people" how convenient to unban everyone isn't it? Keep me banned or unbanned based off of whatever IDC I am just but only one lone server slot after all.
                        • Funny Funny x 2
                        • Agree Agree x 1