Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Changes

Discussion in News started by Kyle, Jul 19, 2013

1. Jul 14, 2010
    Admins give so many chances these days it's pretty ridiculous that no one can follow the server rules without getting banned around 5 times then crying their asses off that the admins are ban happy. You get a warning, and a kick twice a day by 2 different admins, then a third admin comes on and warn, kicks, and bans you and then you do this 5 times to rack up 5 bans and finally get a permanent ban. That's what it looks like to me in all these cases of permanent bans and ban evasions. Pearlsnaps, Dopescope, you, I could probably name 5 other people, and 10 other admins could name 20 other people. If people followed the rules, there wouldn't be any issues but people like to break rules to rack up attention and stir shit up to prove no point worth proving. It's a game and you like to ruin it for others so we don't regret banning any of you with your sympathy cards.

Imagine this, we unban all of you idiots and Kyle makes a plugin where you're constantly being mic spammed, your speed is reduced to 100 so you get killed by zombies just like bhoppers catching up to humans and your constantly getting frozen to be trolled just like you trolled others with materias. Doubt you'd wanna play and this is how people like you make regulars on our server feel.
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Apr 12, 2012
      Not ban or kick happy.. except for the admin that kicked me for NOT breaking a rule (without even a warning, either), and then only replied with "you mad" when I came back in game and asked why the fuck he kicked me. Yeah, it happens, penguin, and not just that one incident or that one admin. Most admins are good, but the few bad apples give pF admins in general a bad name quite often.

Oh, and I know you'll claim it was a mistake on his part, and you were there so I respect your opinion, but I still think its pretty far-fetched.

BACK ON TOPIC:

Kyle, if you could lower the timing allowed between jumps even further, that would be great. It is still nowhere near short enough to allow bhopping, and it is still messing with legitimate playstyles and ways of navigating maps.
    • Jul 1, 2010
      And which admin was that? Toss me a PM with all relevant info. Also, was there an abuse claim done? (also answer in PM)
      • Like Like x 2
        Dharkk, Jul 21, 2013 Last edited by Dharkk, Jul 21, 2013
      • Feb 2, 2013
        It seems that the command sm_sprayj doesn't work.

I tested it today with Skippy... It tells you that you jumped to their spray, but it doesn't move you to the player's spray.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        The only thing I can think of is you weren't in Freelook and were spectating someone. Is this false?
      • Feb 2, 2013
        No, it isn't false. I wasn't in Freelook and I was spectating someone. :frown:...Silly Lyst.

I just tried it in Freelook and it worked, yay!

Thanks, Kyle. :cute:
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Mar 15, 2011
          Nice way to damage control. Not very convincing really. You've only just proven my point. We all know the truth. Server population here is dropping while "another place" ranks #1 on gametracker. There are reasons for this and this is one of them right here. There was a time all the way back to 2007 when I was a regular on zm/ze and enjoyed myself without trouble which continued till about ~2011. Those times are gone now. Btw you don't even know me apparently since I was only banned twice. Once for 15mins which is ancient history and very unrelated to my 2nd ban (avoiding death on zm probably I forgot) and the perm which was joining a steam group so why are you even responding to my post anyway. I'm honored with your ignorance to group me in with the likes of Dopescope, Pearlsnaps, Jackson, and whoever else. Main point is I don't even know why you and some others are a leader. Your post says "Lets damage control by ignoring facts and shifting the blame towards others and take ZERO responsibility for our actions". Not to says all leaders here are bad. I've seen some grow balls and admit there may have been a problem. IDC anymore. Faith is lost in this community. Making admin available to anyone willing to pay was a terrible idea from the get go. Its just too much power. May have worked in the past but now its just bad. Nice steam spam for likes btw. Shows how far up in there yall are in each other. Cyall in the "other places" eventually.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            You know, you could have left the group and asked to be unbanned? That's what i and many others did when i joined a fake pF admin group by accident. Typically steam groups get banned because they either hack, troll, cause trouble, or come to steal players. If you weren't any of those types of people and you wanted to play again, you could have just left the group and protested.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Jul 20, 2010
              Don't try to reason with him, he won't ever get his head out of his own ass. He has this victim mentality like most of the people who whine when they get banned because they couldn't follow simple rules. He doesn't want to take responsibility for joining a group that just want's to slander pF but that's on him not us.
              • Agree Agree x 3
              • Jan 21, 2011

I guess my only thought on your post is, why do you care? It's been a pay for admin system at least since I bought admin in February of 2011, and has worked out well most of the time. We get some bad apples here and there, but they're eventually weeded out. I'd tell you to bring legitimate complaints with proof and post an admin abuse thread if you see it, but your post makes it seem like you don't play on pF servers anymore (I'm only assuming that, correct me if I'm wrong). And if I'm correct in my assumption, why are you bothering to post here?
              • Jul 1, 2010
                I don't think pay for admin is the problem. What some people don't realize is that new admins get 1 on 1 training and aren't allowed to do anything until they get it. It's not like we just allow admins to buy admin and then hop on and do whatever they want.

If an admin is abusing, people need to get proof and post a thread. Likewise if someone doesn't think an admin is doing their job correctly, do the same thing but make a post in Contact Senior Admin.

Contrary to what many believe, we don't go in to admin abuse claims thinking the admin is without fault and didn't do anything. Nine times out of ten someone posts an admin abuse report they either don't bring any proof with them or they just post it because they are bitching about a ban. When legit admin abuse posts are done, it gives us information about what the admin is doing so we can either take action, or talk to the admin so they act appropriately in the future. Unfortunately we aren't omnipotent and can't catch every little thing that an admin does.
                Dharkk, Jul 21, 2013 Last edited by Dharkk, Jul 21, 2013
              • Feb 27, 2012
                I know that, now he is. But he didn't bother to take the time to remove himself from the group and protest when he was initially banned for being in the group.

That's probably a good idea at this point.
              • Jan 21, 2011
                He was unbanned a while ago because he protested...
              • Feb 27, 2012
                Well, this is awkward.
              • Mar 12, 2008

[IMG]
                • Funny Funny x 5
                • Jul 21, 2013
                  Fix my forum acc please. I have ridiculous lagg whenever i log in and the chatbox is disabled.

You sure this wasn't done because of the significant drop in rank/regular players trololol

Man, to be honest i like the settings here more than GFL. However, what it comes down to is just having fun. Winning maps is not all ze is about. When you ban all the people who troll every once-in-a-while, you take 60% of the fun away from your server. I bought a copy of css during the summer sale and was eager to get on and mako/minas/skyrim but jesus christ man..... 20 people in the afternoon?!?! A new ze server called EUFrag is doing better than that LOL. im starting to feel like i just wasted $5. You guys really made a rep out of yourselves and i don't think that can be fixed. I'm having fun over at GFL and so are many others you guys banned.

Oh wait also please stop using my name. I don't really want to be associated with you guys..... I realize it must be hard because you're server went to shit and the # players in GFL started growing after you banned me, but it's okay. No more tears
                • Jun 4, 2006
                  Fixed, use your original account from now on.
                • Jul 19, 2011
                • May 30, 2012
                  I just have to throw in my opinion on this...
                  You take 60% of the fun away, because you don't let a troll continue his trolling? well... anyways i understand many peoples get tired of PlagueFest's rules, even I can find some admins annoying and fun destroying, like if someone is saying something funny on the mic and he just get instant warning for mic spamming which he didn't do really in the first time, also if someone say a sound on the mic he will also get instant warned for mic spamming.
                  I have been on GFL and i have been leaving couple of times because of ridiculous mic spam and no serious gameplay at all, i like when peoples take their game serious and not just let someone take the Alien Device and throw it away and totally destroy the whole round for everybody, i find that good enough for banning peoples and was it a mistake that you spammed it? well you will still have 1 kick and 1 ban left.
                  Another reason i prefer PlagueFest over other community servers is because PlagueFest have pure settings as you mentioned, they don't fill the servers up with things such as Trails, Gun lasers and stuff like that, i know this "SHOP/STORE" plugin is very popular around us, but i don't think that makes the gameplay more fun either.

Maybe we need a plugin close to this, a plugin that give players a good reason to keep playing on PlagueFest and if that's the case i don't hope it ever will be with the same choice as in the store plugin, i have never been a fan of the items on the Shop plugin.
                  This is just my view/opinion on this, not a request for any changes.

Thank you for these changes Kyle, Keep up the good works!:thumbsup:
                  and sorry for my English, it was a bit rushed. :struggle:
                  • Agree Agree x 6
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Informative Informative x 1
                  • Oct 29, 2010
                    I find gfl to be full of fucking idiots, their admins included.

Then again: every ZE server has the overall atmosphere of a zoo gone wild. gfl just happens to be the very best at it.
                    • Agree Agree x 2