Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Changing of RULEZ

Discussion in Help Desk started by Factor8, Mar 3, 2015

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 3, 2015

I'm Factor8, a newly registered member here on PlaugeFest. I've encountered a slight problem that I have with one of your admins called "Disturbed_one". He hasn't been abusing at all, but we've been discussing a certain rule that I do not completely agree on, which is the rule of not advertising. I'm a MLG quickscoper, so I asked people in the zombie server if they wanted to play a few games of quickscoping in the game MW2. I was told afterwards by Disturbed_one that I wasn't allowed to advertise.

Here's the argument I want to get across:

1. Firstly, I could understand if the game I was talking about was a server that could potentially and financially decrease the player base and income of Plauge Fest. That would give the Disturbed_one a legitimate reason to tell me that I'm not allowed to advertise. However, the game I'm talking about is not another CSS server or something else that you can buy any "Donor" or "Admin" ranks in, it's just a game I want to play with people from PF, nothing else.

That's all :*
  2. Feb 27, 2012
    I personally would not have considered this advertising. Especially since MW2 doesn't even have dedicated servers (RIP AlterIW) If you were posting a website or saying "LOL VISIT MY WEBSITE HUEHUEHUEHUE.COM FOR A BETTER COMMUNITY" then i'd call that advertising. Or posting any link in chat, really (we don't know if it's malicious, so nothing is allowed, certain things can be exempt such as links to our pF website, perhaps even imgur.com, other than that i wouldn't post any links)

@[pF]Disturbed_One
    Tony The Tiger, Mar 3, 2015 Last edited by Tony the Tiger!! :D, Mar 3, 2015
  3. Mar 3, 2015
    I appreciate your efforts for your reply, as well as your agreement on my opinion.
  4. Mar 10, 2014
    while i Respect what your trying to say, but as a server that thrives on our Admin and Donator subscriptions we actually would be losing some funding if your telling our player base to leave the server and play somewhere else, i have had other incidents with Tony, Aprz, Rayne and some other lvl3 admins with me on a mini ZE push where an IBIS clan memebr kept trying to push people to his server for ZE since our server is dead. while nothing was implimented i spoke with them asking if we shoulda told him not to advertise so much and they agreed with me
  5. Mar 3, 2015
    I fully understand the point you are trying to make, but in my eyes it is very unlikely that you will lose any of your players because they play with me on a game that doesn't even have purchasable servers, but ran by Infinity Ward, so your disagreement with me in my eyes is totally invalid, this will not harm your server in any way, since I will maybe play with a few people for 20-30 minutes, then continually return to the zombie server and play again, nothing lost, nothing gained.
  6. Dec 27, 2012
    I was there and I'll start with..Uh, well..

Since I didn't quite hear what you said, I took for granted when Disturbed warned you that you were advertising a website or server which is not ok, but now that clarifications has been made..
    I agree with Tony here. Asking players if they wanna hook up on a different game doesn't sound like advertising at all to me, but when they try to steal players to different servers, etc, then it's a whole different story. I myself have asked in-game if the people I usually hang out with want to play something else for a change and I see nothing wrong with that. Just an example:

Legal:
    "I'm getting a little bored. Wanna play MW2 for a while?"

Illegal:
    "Hey, join our servers instead at xxx.yyy.zzz it's much more fun there!"

That's just how I see it.
  7. Mar 3, 2015
    Satisfying to see that you are agreeing with me, thank you.
  8. Feb 21, 2007
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Jan 3, 2013
      you such an asshole, in zm_fail Inc. cade broke my wall I made, cause me to fell off from the tower.
      You are lucky I didn't record it, or else i'll report you....u cade breaking bastard.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Feb 8, 2013
        You're in no wrong in gathering friends to play another game, similar to when I ask players whether they want to play DayZ with me or not. Even if you asked if players would possibly like to join you in crackhouse or something, I would still consider that acceptable. Although, if you're asking players to leave pF because it sucks and that there are other better servers, then that's not O.K. That's just some clarification on the rule.

Disturbed doesn't abuse, but sometimes he'd talk to his friends through admin chat. Some other admins would warn for complete bullshit that's not even against the rules, and now we also have one that is possibly cheating. I'm not sure what's up with the new admins lately. Back when the old ones were around, like Rayne and Ghosted, they did everything following protocol and actually warn correctly.
      • Feb 27, 2012
      • Mar 3, 2015
        This thread isn't made for you to talk about your cade, go bitch somewhere else, where it belongs.
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • Feb 8, 2013
          Don't be mean to her please or I'll start trashing you.
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Jan 3, 2013
          • Mar 3, 2015
            Sorry, but this thread is not meant to be for crying over her broken cade, there's another section for that. If she personally has a problem with it, she can private message me, leave it out of this thread, thank you.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Jan 3, 2013
            • Mar 3, 2015
              Okay cool, but no one likes you here so gtfo
            • Jan 3, 2013
            • Feb 8, 2013
              I will still like her if I'm the only one?
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Mar 3, 2015
              Thread Status:
              Not open for further replies.