Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Tutorial Changing position of all 64 spawns

Discussion in Resources & Tutorials started by Cuniczek, May 18, 2013

1. Oct 4, 2012
    This thingy is useful if you want to change position of spawnpoints for different stages in map (like in my Minecraft). No, you don't have to change coords for each spawns one by one. I made javascript page on dropbox that will change those coords as you need.

1. Make 64 spawns named spawn1-spawn64. You can do it fast via shift-dragging path_track entities and changing classname after.
    2. Make an entity that will have all 64 outputs later (I recommend logic_relay) and make an output that you can easily find by searching in Notepad++
    3. Find XYZ coords where you want to have new spawns. Important: spawns (8x8) will move to right and up on top view.
    4. Go to this page http://db.tt/wTnIjKGe
    5. Type OnWhatever output (like OnTrigger) DON'T type ""
    6. Type your X, Y and Z coords in order
    7. Type distance you want in units between each spawn (32 at least)
    8. Open your .vmf in Notepad++ and look for entity that you made in step 2
    9. Copy&Paste all 64 outputs from that page instead of that random output you made in step 2
    10. Save, done, test, test, test, test in Hammer, test in CSS with map_showspawnpoints

IMPORTANT: Don't put any triggers in place where your new spawnpoints are. That was crashing Minecraft before. You can put triggers under spawns though.
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
      Cuniczek, May 18, 2013 Last edited by Cuniczek, May 19, 2013
    • Apr 4, 2013
      This'll probably be very helpful for some of the people trying to make their first maps lately. Simple enough instructions Cuniczek though.
    • Apr 9, 2012
      I've been asking this since I played the latest minecraft map, it sounds truly useful! It will be handy for future projects, though for SSBB and cathedral I came to the conclusion I do not need this, but indeed for levels/stages this is incredibly useful! Thanks :smile:
    • May 31, 2012

Using two nested fors instead of the 64 lines would have been better. Also, you should think about adding a field for the prefix of the entities like in the python shitscript I sent you.
    • Oct 4, 2012
      Do I look like a damn programmer? I'm glad to understand script like that -.- But ok, updated just for you.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • May 31, 2012
        There's no need to be upset. I told you of that so that you can improve; if you don't want to that's you. It's not that using the two nested fors changes the behaviour at all, but, for example, it would let mappers define the spawn area as a rectangle (using i<4 and j<16).
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Yo bitch, he was being sarcastic. lulz. :grin: But good job on the script Cuni, me like!
        • Agree Agree x 1