Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Changing ZM on CS:GO

Discussion in CS:GO Zombie Mod started by Detonator, Jan 26, 2015

1. Sep 25, 2010
    ZM is getting a bit stale on CSS so why would anyone play it on CSGO. I believe that we need to change up zm a bit.

This thread is just for collecting your ideas on what you would like to see. Even if you feel like your idea isn't great, I want you to write it down anyway. Who knows, it might inspire an idea in others.
    Once we have a bunch of ideas, I will collect them all and organize a way discuss/vote on the ones we like and don't like. Do not criticize other peoples ideas yet(you will have your chance to voice them later), otherwise this thread will be hard to follow.

I'll start:
    Keep zm unlimitted ammo but force players to reload and give all weapons about 200 before needing to reload. Motivation: It will promote skill and teamwork.
    I'll keep track a list of suggested ideas to try to avoid duplicate entries:
    Code:
    1. Keep zm unlimitted ammo but force players to reload and give all weapons about 200 before needing to reload. Motivation: It will promote skill and teamwork.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
      Detonator, Jan 26, 2015 Last edited by Detonator, Jan 26, 2015
    • Oct 13, 2011
      Port some classic css zm maps to csgo. Current ones that are on rotation are bad.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Dec 27, 2012

- Remove the napalm effect once a grenade Detonates(see what I did there?). Motivation: It isn't needed. Zombies gets slowed by getting shot at already, not to mention the annoyance of being slowed for potentionally 15 seconds which may not sound so much but in-game it feels like an eternity.

- Love the idea of making the ZM in GO a reloaded type of mod. I'd prefer to have a ammo limit though rather than have unlimited ammo magazine. For example, AK47 30/300. 30 bullets per clip and 300 total ammo of bullets. To make cading more manageable without wasting too much ammo, perhaps make it so that you have unlimited ammo until zombies spawns. Or, you could set an extra amount of ammo to compensate for the bullets you used up to cade.

Will post more when I have time.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Mar 10, 2014
          would be interesting to see a modified version of ZM
        • Feb 1, 2011
          Capitalize on the sweet ideas Kyle had with "ZM Extended". You know, that thing he was working on with the different player classes with specific guns and knockback rates. That was sweet and would be fun on either CS:GO or CS:S.
          • Like Like x 2
          • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
          • Mar 10, 2014
          • May 31, 2012
            I think the things I like are more likely up to the map makers:
            • I like the things in Tony Montana's (Null's) maps very much like items and abilities, and maps being dependent on player population; this is useful when the server is low-pop but you want to play certain maps that are normally too big , or conversely, when it's high-pop but you want to play maps that are normally too small.
            • It would also be nice if the maps had different modes like ze_Paranoid, and small bonuses for the winners ie. faster speed or higher jump.
            • Random boss fights or zm maps with bosses at certain locations.
            • I liked that map that changes randomly every round. I know it got removed because "illegal spots" couldn't be regulated... but it'll change the next round, so why worry about it?
            • KEEP DESPERADOS AND SURF AS IS AND ALLOW DOUBLE NOM ON THOSE TWO :razz:
          • Feb 27, 2012
            Give me a list you would like see ported. One of the maps on my list is roy_the_ship. Ive ported a few so far, but if you have some other maps In mind that'd be awesome.
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Feb 21, 2007

parachute? Never used it but some players have asked for it over the years
              remove fire nades
              enable smoke (and/or flash) nades
              for Kyle to finish the secret retslag1 command we discussed a long time ago
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Dec 17, 2007
                Keeping unlimited but reloading is a great idea, however I think the biggest change that ZM really needs is a fresh new set of maps. I have heard quite a bit of players complaining about playing the same maps over and over and the rotation never being changed. I honestly think that will keep and bring in new players, if we bring in new maps and keep the rotation constantly changing.
              • Jul 20, 2010
                Maybe have the ability to toggle reload/no reload on and off. So for example have a time-frame where the server becomes a reload server and no illegal spots. Then another time-frame where it goes back to no-reload and illegal spots. Not sure if that's possible but it would be a nice change of pace.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
                • Aug 1, 2011
                  A random couple of ideas. They would take a fair chunk of work to implement and change the mechanics of the game slightly, but it would be unique.

1: Introduce a leveling system whereby the more people play, the more xp they get and level up to a certain cap. As they level up they can take stat points and put them where they desire, such as run speed, jump distance, knockback, etc. within reason of course. Would give players incentive to keep playing.

2: editable stats for zombies, allowing players to customize them to their play style. A player joins the server, prompted to select where they want to put their stats. Much like the first idea but without the leveling which would provide equal grounds for all players.
                • Aphilion
                  This message by Aphilion has been removed from public view. Deleted by Detonator, Jan 27, 2015, Reason: We're not analysing ideas yet!.
                  Jan 26, 2015
                • Feb 25, 2014
                  Add ze and zm, maybe refreshing to change between them while we still have a low playerbase.
                • Dec 27, 2012
                • Meltdown™
                  This message by Meltdown™ has been removed from public view. Deleted by Detonator, Jan 27, 2015, Reason: not relevant to thread.
                  Jan 27, 2015
                • Sep 25, 2010
                  Could you please elaborate on what you mean. Do you mean to have both ze and zm maps on zm and interchanging between zm/ze configs? Or do you mean something else?

EDIT1:> New idea: add a command for mother zombies, !summon, which prompts other non mother zombies to teleport to the mother zombies location.

EDIT2:> Allow mother zombies to see all humans on radar.
                  • Like Like x 3
                    Detonator, Jan 27, 2015 Last edited by Detonator, Jan 27, 2015
                  • Feb 25, 2014
                    Yes i mean you can vote for ZE and ZM, 2 servers for both at this time is just a waste but if you add both on one server you can get at least more people in, and I always liked the idea to have change of pace between maps, only zm is boring and after some intens ze playing a zm could be nice pace too.
                    • Programming King Programming King x 1
                    • May 15, 2014
                      the Granade damage should be increased: humans should be able to kill zombies with a single granade.
                      there should be donators skins and public skins for non-donators.
                    • teemo
                      This message by teemo has been removed from public view. Deleted by Seeker, Jan 27, 2015.
                      Jan 27, 2015
                    • Nov 19, 2013
                      I do have an Idea to make it Unique but I dont know if its possible. I thought about have an RPG mod that you can buy Zombie Perk and Human Perk but like I said its just a suggestion and I dont know if its possible. Still it would be Unique in his style.
                    • Dec 27, 2012
                      Both good and bad. I find RPG mods pretty cool but it is pretty frustrating to join a server just to be overwhelmed by everyone due to these perks. I take it that you meant something like RPG Menu? Like the idea, but don't think it's a good one.
                    • Jan 5, 2014
                      I actually really like the napalm effect on grenades, but I may be a corner-case. It's really useless if you're doing something traditional like cading or holding a spot, but if I'm running around like a dickhead purposely throwing myself into danger, the slowdown is really helpful.
                      • Agree Agree x 1