Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Character model problems.

Discussion in Technical Support started by lotlove123, Jul 26, 2012

1. Sep 18, 2011
    I'm currently having some problems with character models look in game. Everything looks really glossy and it's really hard to spot a player from distances. I've tried reinstalled game multiple times. I feel like this is impossible to fix. So I really need get some help to fix this issue.

Thanks!
  2. Nov 11, 2011
  3. Jan 21, 2011
    What part of this has anything to do with mapping?

On topic Edit: Have you updated graphics drivers and played with settings?
    • Agree Agree x 1
      Seeker, Jul 26, 2012 Last edited by Seeker, Jul 26, 2012
    • May 14, 2011
      • Try and load up custom skins and see if anything changes.
      • Try and disable/enable bloom
    • Jul 14, 2010
      When did this start occuring? Did you recently change a setting in css, driver update, console commands? You could try resetting your config, cstrike/cfg/config.txt <- delete that.
    • Sep 18, 2011
      Graphic card is up to date. playing with 800 x 600 max fps rates.

Doesn't work :{ The glossy is still appearing. Overlaping with new skin + glossy looks.

I've download this GUI set, recently somehow it's giving me this glossy looks issues.
      http://gamebanana.com/css/guis/27461
    • Mar 16, 2008
      as a note, this looks like a DirectX problem. Check to see which version the game is using.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      This occurs when you mess with your vmt files and custome skins. It has a lot to do with mapping. But anyways...delete your config (make a backup), remove your materials folder and thwn verify your.game cache. Report back if it works.
    • Sep 18, 2011

works now thanks man! CASE solved
      I'm running DirectX 9.0+ ingame.

Edited: I put a wrong type of directx verisons
      lotlove123, Jul 26, 2012 Last edited by lotlove123, Jul 26, 2012
    • Nov 11, 2011