Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Chat Colours (And improved Chat Filter)!

Discussion in Server Updates started by Kyle, May 28, 2012

1. Oct 8, 2009
    • Like Like x 1
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Now that is a very good addition to the servers! It'll spare me the effort of using the teamchat instead of the normal one if I want to point out or explain something to the players.
      Good work!
    • Mar 9, 2012
      Yea, I absolutely love this addition. Very simple, very fun and yet another perk for people who contribute to the community.
    • Feb 1, 2011
      @Kyle, I have two color suggestions that I have thoroughly tested ingame. They show up great against any background, including extremely bright and very dark. Players have also expressed their opinions that they both look nice and they would like to use them! Please consider adding them to the plugin!

Neon Blue: 00FFFF
      Magenta/Purple: CC00FF
    • Apr 9, 2007
    • May 15, 2011

[IMG]#00FFFF[IMG]#CC00FF
      • Like Like x 2
      • Feb 1, 2011

I think FF33FF would be a better purple. CC00FF seems a bit dark. The neon blue is perfect, though. @Kyle

EDIT: Okay maybe both the pink/purple are too dark. However I think the neon blue would be amazing and people seemed to really like that one in particular!
        • Like Like x 4
          dillinger, May 30, 2012 Last edited by dillinger, May 30, 2012
        • Nov 14, 2010
        • Sep 17, 2011
          I wish the green was actually green...:panda:
        • Jan 2, 2012
          Hopefully we will be getting a new purple and the neon blue soon :smile:
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jun 4, 2006
            Kyle needs to update the plugin before we replace/add colors. Currently the menu only supports 1 page of colors and we want to be able to use a config to define the colors rather than re-compiling the plugin each time we want to change or add a color, so that'll need to be added in as well. He's had finals the last week so have some patience. Once he's got that I'll be able to throw colors in for testing and then we'll finalize 'em and make 'em live, or something along these lines. I've already got half of the new colors defined pretty close to their values, but I'll have to do some more testing on various maps, preferably that testing will include testing the next version of the plugin and ensuring the config, etc all work.
            • Like Like x 3
            • Mar 31, 2012
              • Funny Funny x 2
              • May 12, 2012
                The small things are what I think make this whole PF experience worth while. I am glad to be a part of this community.
                • Agree Agree x 2
                • Jan 11, 2012
                  Donator expired today and still got my purple chatcolor, but no more access to the menu.
                  • Informative Informative x 1
                  • Feb 20, 2011
                  • Apr 9, 2007
                  • Jun 4, 2006
                  • May 14, 2011
                    • Agree Agree x 2
                    • May 17, 2011
                      would it be possible to let people simply enter custom RGB values instead of having to pre-define several different colors?