Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Chat disallowing special characters?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Nezumi, May 30, 2012

1. Jun 10, 2011
    Playing on ZE this morning I discovered my Korean friends and I could no longer type Korean characters/letters, and Deto discovered he could no long type with accented letters for Swedish.

So I then tried on MG, still wouldn't show up.

Is this a bug? Is it intentional? (My apologies if this is the wrong forum)

I just feel bad for my Korean friends as now they look like they're spamming. They can understand, through English lettering, what it would have said were they using a Korean keyboard.

For example; "Pitbull 멍멍" would become "Pitbull ajdajd"
    "Katie 안녕하세요!" would become "Katie dkssuogktpdy!" etc.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jan 11, 2012
      I guess it's cause of the color plugin. Maybe the letters need to be added, ä ö ü don't even appear.
    • Feb 24, 2011
      Å, Ä and Ö worked just fine the last time i played, not too sure how it is atm.
      Might have something to do with the colored characters plugin being added?

*EDIT* Satsuki posted just before i did. I CAN read, no worries! :sidefrown:
      Luffaren, May 30, 2012 Last edited by Luffaren, May 30, 2012
    • Jul 4, 2011
      Åh nej! :frown: I just tested it, å ä and ö won't show up at all.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      This would have broken 3~ days ago. I didn't realize anything was above 127, but there are definitely legitimate characters.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      • Jul 4, 2011
        • Apr 9, 2007
        • Jun 10, 2011
        • Apr 9, 2007