Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Chat Spam PermaBan

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by CastleX, Aug 14, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 28, 2012
    I was banned permanently by this feature a couple of months ago for using the !spray command too many times because it wasn't working. @Kyle disabled it then, but with the overhaul, it's back. I saw someone get permed yesterday for typing a little too quickly. It needs to be disabled again.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Mar 12, 2008
      I'd rather keep it, and watch the people that spam get taken out.

Example:

Fag_Camper: RTV RTV RTV RTV RTV
      Fag_Camper: RTV RTV RTV RTV RTV
      Fag_Camper:111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
      Fag_Camper: 1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
    • Jan 28, 2012
      They're permed. We dont perm for chat spamming. To those of you disagreeing with my post, I hope you get accidently permed and end up having to file a ban protest. It was disabled for a reason the first time by Kyle. You can disagree with him if you like.
    • May 30, 2012
      IMO they should get 1/24 hour automatic banned if spamming.
    • Dec 2, 2011
      My thing is if you spam something you should know not to do it that often during said period. But yes I think it would be better if we took off the feature.
    • Jan 28, 2012
      Disagree
    • Dec 2, 2011
      Well I think it should stay in effect but not the perm part.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Sep 7, 2010
        just have it gag them instead of auto banning?
      • May 30, 2012
        I thinks its because they can rejoin and then they are ungagged.
      • Dec 2, 2011
        Yup thats why, They can evade, and then its more of a pain. they will need to be ungaged or wait til the end of the game. I think ban is the best way to go just not perm. That being said it will be up to Kyle. and the lsa's @Haplo what do you think?

Also dont tag kyle tag haplo and he will tell kyle, or as so i was told.
      • Aug 5, 2012
        Perm-ban is a little too harsh.
        I was perm-banned too for accidentally holding down a key.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Jun 4, 2006
          IE? I can tell by the ugly button since IE's CSS is waaaay behind. Firefox or chrome yourself up son.

Anyway Kyle was talking about this plugin earlier. From my understanding (and I could be wrong... Kyle is a vague man at times all the time), it's a beta plugin of his that's supposed to ban players who flood known malicious commands. The caveat is say/say_team are caught as well due to an SM bug, which Kyle is hoping will be fixed on AlliedMod's end in SM itself, but if not he can apparently fix it locally (so I imagine this plugin behavior is temporary). Say/say_team being hooked results in players being banned by it for flooding chat. I think he said he had his local fix, or another plugin, to test still and see if that works, and if so I presume the flood plugin will no longer have the say/say_team side effect. He mentioned though that even though you see the player say it twice (or whatever), 'say' or 'say_team', are being suppressed, so they're apparently saying it more than just twice, who knows how much or how fast - details are beyond me at this time. Kyle explained it very briefly in mumble while he was busy fixing ZM:GO. I mentioned despite this, perhaps the bans shouldn't be permanent, especially if there's potentially some ill behavior going on with the plugin doing the bans. It's clear the plugin has been dishing out a lot of bans, bans that almost always have an appeal attached. Kyle's got a lot on his plate with the overhauls and CS:GO expansion, but I imagine he'll be testing his fix soon and perhaps tweak his flood plugin thereafter.
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Mar 19, 2012
            @Kyle 1 hour ban seems like a more reasonable time and that way you guys would have to keep unbanning these people.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Feb 12, 2012
              I think it should stay as permanent, because if people start realizing that other's are getting ban for spamming 1 (or something else) they just might smarten up and not spam at all.
              So stop shoving thing's down Kyle's throat... as Brian said he is busy with CS.GO
              • Like Like x 1
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • May 30, 2012
                Negative, its just not fair that a kid that dont understand rules(Probaly none do at low age) gets banned permanent for spamming "RTV" "RTV" "RTV", lets talk about 1 hour to a day. :coffee:
              • Mar 19, 2012
                most the people who get banned don't even know that its against the rules to spam chat.. there is no warning its just instant ban.
                Post Merged, Aug 14, 2012

1 hour is long enough to get the message across to stop spamming. Who is going to come back to the server every hour just to spam a message 4 times?
              • Apr 9, 2012
                Good thing there is no spray in CS:GO in that case
              • Mar 20, 2012
                Atm its not fair , people spamming rtv over the mic is much more annoying than chat messages but people at the mic never get banned, maybe a kick here and there for mic spam but thats all... most of the people havent bad intentions and like castlex said if u wish them permbans i really hope that u experience it yourself then

If u have a look on the last 3 pages of the banlist for example, almost 50% of the permanent bans is from "Console" flooding say...
                If u compare other offenses with it , its just ridicioulus. Racism , scripting and glitchting are perm bans too, but most of the times they get warned or kicked if they are lucky and flooding say is atm above these offenses with just a perm ban, so not really righteous.
              • Jul 8, 2012
                I would have to agree with a perm is not quite fair. However as Brian said, Kyle will probably fix this when he gets to it on his plate of things to do.
              Thread Status:
              Not open for further replies.