Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Cheap meals thread

Discussion in Timeless Trench started by Taters, Mar 17, 2013

1. Mar 12, 2008
    Post cheap, homecooked meals that you know of or made for under $10. Must feed at least 2, bonus points for more. I have another thread similar to this, but it's more of an actual recipe thread, not a "quick budget foods" thread like this.

I'll start with salsa-roni

Macaroni
    Cheddar/american cheese(really, any type of cheese you like, Velveeta is obviously god-tier but not within budget)
    Tomatoes
    1 whole Onion or half depending how much you like
    Cilantro
    Jalapeno (if you want it spicy; remove seeds for less heat)
    Ground beef (optional) - brown and add to macaroni after it's cooked
    salt
    pepper

Boil macaroni until soft and NOT 'al-dente'. care to not overcook

Chop onion and cilantro and jalapeno if used, dice tomatoes and throw them in a blender and pulse it for 10 seconds. Salt to taste.

when macaroni is finished, drain and add the cheese and sprinkle pepper. Stir until melted. Add some salsa mix to the macaroni and stir. The amount of flavor is haw-some.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feb 8, 2013

Oh ok.

You can make eggs... ><
      Orange, Mar 17, 2013 Last edited by Orange, Mar 17, 2013
    • Mar 12, 2008

also homecooked not store bought
      Taters, Mar 17, 2013 Last edited by Taters, Mar 17, 2013
    • May 12, 2012
      [IMG]
    • Jul 6, 2012
      Can't really give you an advice due to the fact that i eat mostly meat when exercising with diet :/ (expensive) but i do like scrambled eggs and bacon(cheap in sweden, but i have no idea how it is in america)
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Bacon practically grows on trees here since the fatasses consume probably 500 lbs of it a year.

-Canned Northern Albacore Tuna in water or chicken breast in water (Costco sells 3 serving cans in a 6 pack for dirt cheap, good quality chicken too. Same for the Tuna but the serving is only 1, and I haven't been able to find it lately)
      -mayo/miracle whip
      -lemon pepper
      -chopped onions
      -chopped celery
      • drain water from canned tuna or canned chicken breast, use fork to mash up into "shreds"
      • Dump contents into a serving bowl
      • mix in mayo/miracle whip, onions, celery
      • add lemon pepper if you'd like some zest/flavor (I usually eat the chicken from here)
      • If Tuna, put on sandwich and grill on pan over stove for the best motherfucking tuna melt ever
      • add lettuce/tomato after grilling
      • add one of those bitchin' Manzanilla olives to the top with a toothpick for style points
      • eat
      • have mouth-gasm