Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ChoddaFolio

Discussion in Mapper Portfolios started by masterchodda, May 22, 2011

1. Aug 8, 2010
    • Feb 21, 2007
      is it server ready, or simply personal test?
    • Aug 8, 2010
      Is the private server available? I would say it is not server ready yet. Thanks
    • Aug 8, 2010
      • Aug 8, 2010
        would really like to test these maps sometime :frown:
      • Feb 27, 2012
        It would have been totally cool if you optimized it! How horribly bluetown runs is what bugs me most about the map. We can definitely test it, though. Also it is short 2 spawn points (1 terrorist, 1 counter-terrorist) not a huge deal, though, since we usually have at least 5+ afks at all times anyway.
        Post Merged, Feb 14, 2016
        also @masterchodda zm_stupidity only has 2 spawn points!!
        Class: info_player_counterterrorist (1)
        Class: info_player_terrorist (1)
      • Aug 8, 2010
        I did optimize it somewhat. He did not use any no draw anywhere. I did that at least. It should be much better now. Short spawns you say? I thought you only needed one of each now? I must be wrong then. I can add more spawns no problem. Also, on my new zm map there are only 2 spawns. I'll need to fix that then. Ill do it now. thanks!
      • Feb 27, 2012
        No draw really makes no noticeable difference anymore. You could build the same map, both with using nodraw where it is necessary and the same map without using nodraw at all, and it wouldn't really make a difference. It's good practice to always use nodraw though, and i still do when i am mapping. Area portals done correctly and properly cutting visleafs helps the most. You can also make models fade at a distance. If a prop supports being used as a static model rather than dynamic, that also does help if you have large numbers of models in a map (mostly with shadows IIRC)

lila blue town has 62 spawns, it just needs 2 more but isn't a big deal. Stupidity only has 2, so it needs 62 more spawn points! I'm not so much worried about blue town as i am stupidity, as a map test would only consist of 2 players and 62 spectators :wink:
      • Aug 8, 2010
        both are now fixed and are exact same downloads. Are you on private server? May I join too?
        Post Merged, Feb 14, 2016
        Good to know Tony thanks! I will look into it. I usually use area portals too but only when I am making the map from scratch. I can look into this with blue town too though.
      • Aug 8, 2010
        areaportals added to my map. will upload in a few. adding them to blue town now. :grin:
      • Aug 8, 2010

So it has been a while since I posted anything in here. Thought I would let people know what I have been working on. I will be doing a live stream in a few hours.

This new map is dedicated to someone special. A particular pain in my ass. Making fun of this person is easy as they cant speak apparently. Only says Hodor for some reason. Anyway, some people have seen me making this map from the beginning. It is on twitch in archives if anyone cares. Just look up my name on twitch and my channel is there. derrr

I can run a test server from home so hit me up for IP. Any mappers in the community are welcome to request use of it to test their maps out. Ping will of course vary due to ISP/Geo Location. For most people it is fine. I prefer using FPSB for map downloading if possible. I can have up on server in a few minutes and anyone who wants can help us run around for ideas and feedback. Most likely will attempt this tonight on my latest creation.

If mappers want a set of entities to drop in their maps to change the physics to be more like PF servers then let me know. Or you can edit files in directory but this is more fun.

Getting out of the house for a couple hours. Then Map/Game on!
        MC
        • Useful Useful x 1
        • Aug 8, 2010
          Who wants to make maps? I am working on my latest map now. Come and see if you want, I'll be doing this for a while. The results so far have been interesting.

My Twitch Channel

All comments welcome

:yinyang: Thanks NSanity for the graphix! & Brandon for the ideas!
        • Aug 8, 2010
          98.208.216.176 is IP if anyone wants to join for new map testing. no lighting so small download. open cs and console type connect 98.208.216.176