Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Civility - A New Board Game

Discussion in Gaming started by Momo, May 15, 2013

1. Oct 29, 2010
    My brother and his best friend just launched their Kickstarter for the board game they've been working on. I'm not enough of a table top game enthusiast to describe it properly, so I'll just link you to their Kickstarter page where there is explanation aplenty. All I can say is that I've played it a few times now and it's a lot of fun. I wouldn't ask anyone for more than they can afford but even spreading the word and checking it out can go a long way, thanks for at least taking a look guys!

Civility
    • Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Jun 3, 2012
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Dec 27, 2012
        Damn. Completely agree with Denmu, this board game looks amazing. I generally dislike board games but this one seems unique and very creative, I'd love to try this game out with my brother.

EDIT: Liked their facebook page.:thumbsup:
        • Agree Agree x 1
          Vicarious, May 15, 2013 Last edited by Seventh, May 16, 2013
        • Apr 4, 2009
          Looks interesting, do you know if there is any plan or want to make an online version?
        • Nov 29, 2012
          Wow, looks really bad ass. Think I might buy this.
        • Oct 29, 2010
          Probably a completely different ball park, I doubt that's anything more than a pipe dream at this time.
        • Mar 12, 2008
          あなたは既にこのことを知っているが、私はサポートを手助けしました。私はあなたの判断を信頼しています。お兄さんはいい髭を持っています。
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Sep 6, 2012
            • Like Like x 1
            • Mar 12, 2008

You got me, I used a translator. I can't type out characters yet and i can understand a few words but the feeling is there.
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Sep 6, 2012
                私もそうです! 私は彼の,兄と一緒に同意する素敵なひげがあります。 (✌゚∀゚)☞
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • May 27, 2008
                  If this succeeds (and by god, I really hope it does because the idea intrigues me) we all need to get a game and do a G+.
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Oct 29, 2010
                    Just over 12 hours in and already looking good.

[IMG]

Thanks again to everyone who's checked it out so far!
                    • Like Like x 3
                    • Feb 8, 2013
                    • Oct 29, 2010
                    • Nov 11, 2011
                      I was really hoping you'd make a cameo appearance. But I like the game. Does the 29K include R&D, self-salary, in-house or factory production, patent and trademarks, etc? Or does it encompass something else?
                    • Oct 29, 2010
                      As far as I know, the goal is to cover production and shipping costs with Panda. They've been fine tuning and balancing the game for months now, so I don't think there's anymore R&D to do. As far as anything else, I honestly haven't a clue.

From the Kickstarter page,
                    • Jun 10, 2011
                      Same about the $30 extra for shipping outside the US else I probably would have bought a copy, looks fun :razz:
                    • Nov 11, 2011
                      Hypothetically, if they have no overhead and fees (unlikely), it costs them $19.30 to produce one unit. Now for them to wholesale it, a decent figure would be $25. Then for retailers, they'd have to sell anywhere from $35 and up. It would be better to produce more inventory at the factory so they can reduce their unit cost. It is a board game and I don't know what kind of money people would dish out in this craponomy.

EDIT: Of course, this implies pF should donate more generously :wink:
                    • Oct 29, 2010
                      First day barely through and already well over a 3rd funded!

[IMG]
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Aug 7, 2012
                        +1 for the Final Extended Early Bird Special :grin:
                        Post Merged, May 16, 2013
                        Congratulations!

You are now an official backer of Civility. Time to tell the world about it!
                        • Like Like x 1