Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Clarification please

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by tallahassee, Jul 13, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 13, 2011
    My link of the spot in question

on the map anotheruglyzmap_v1e a spot came into dispute whether it was legal or illegal the spot in question is the beam connecting the platform that is illegal to the stairs or whatever it is. I would just like to know if it is in fact illegal or not so that i don't get warned/kicked for going there. Thnx in advance.
  2. Jul 23, 2010

It is indeed illegal and in the maps "illegal spot" list as linked above.
  3. Jul 23, 2010
    I would imagine the wooden beam connected to the platform is still considered a ledge.
  4. Jul 13, 2011
    thnx for the clarification.
  5. Feb 1, 2010
    You noob i told you its illegal. I know all illegal spot in all maps. :geek:
  6. May 6, 2011
    All you have to do is type !illegal into the chat box, and you will find out all the illegal spots on the map you are playing on.

But, that spot, definitely illegal, and you should really check !illegal for the illegal spots.
  7. Jun 10, 2011
    That's not what he's disputing guys, is Femme the only one who read his post? xD

He knows the platform with the red border is illegal, as is clearly shown by the image in !illegal of which he does indeed check.

He is talking about the BEAM between the legal platform and the illegal platform of which I would assume is illegal, but it is not specifically stated.

Read the post before you reply! :thumbsup:
  8. May 28, 2011
    Yeah, I'd say that would count as a ledge spot. It probably should be specifically mentioned on the list though.
  9. Dec 7, 2010
    The narrow beam that leads to the illegal ledge platform is technically not illegal.

Why is the beam legal and the platform illegal?
    You can leverage the platform area by shooting zombies at an angle throwing them off balance making the area illegal.
    Anyone on the beam itself can be tagged by either jumping at them from the side or using the traditional zombie train method to tag humans straight on, making the beam itself legal.

The location in question is in blue:

Thanks for the good question.
  10. Jul 13, 2008
    I was the admin on duty during this and was not sure about the beam....... I let it go for a round and then told everyone that it would be illigal for the rest of the map round.

If Harvey says its legal then I will go with that.

Doc Watson
  11. May 6, 2011
    Should this post be in the Illegal Spot section?
  12. Jul 23, 2010
    If you can tag people on the beam, what's to say you can't tag people by stacking to get on the platform?

This then turns in to a spot where people will stand right on the edge of the beam and platform...

Also, you can zombie train the beam to get to the platform. Wouldn't that make it legal?
  13. May 28, 2011
    Alright. What Harvey says, goes.

But when they're on the platform, they can go to the side and shoot the Zombies off the beam. Whereas if you are on the beam, you cannot shoot sideways without falling off.
  14. Jun 10, 2011

And this^

Can we move this to the right forum and lock it now? I think this thread's done :smile:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.