Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Clarification Request for zm_lila_panic_crazy_pf_v3

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by BlakOut, Jul 24, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 31, 2011

I wonder if Harvey or someone could comment on the spot previously discussed for version 2 of the panic_crazy map referenced here: http://plaguefest.com/threads/zm_lila_panic_crazy_pf_v2.10013/

It's the spot depicted in that thread that has a couch which players stick in the invisible doorway. We've been having a ton of controversy over it during the past week or so every time the server rotates to the v3. Players have been checking !illegal, finding that no spots are listed, then using it. ixikitty (sic?) has been enforcing the spot as illegal and forcing players to leave it and referencing the aforementioned thread.

Bowchicahonkhonk pointed out that while v2 of the map has listed it as illegal in-game, v3 still has no listed illegal spots. I've been using it myself and allowing other players to use it in v3, as I can't find any reference to it as illegal in that version.

For what its worth, I've been able to get through that couch and tag people inside a couple of times, and I don't find it any more challenging than the cage on top of the red crate (less, in fact). Nonetheless, if it is to be enforced as illegal in v3, we'd like to know about it so we don't run into anymore mass arguments.

Regards,

BlakOut
  2. May 15, 2011
    Just because it's not listed does not mean it is not enforced. Also, I thought I fixed that? Can people still block that room with props?
  3. Mar 30, 2010
    If it is enforced then it should be listed, so players could check and admins verify.
  4. May 15, 2011
    That spot should be fixed. What is the problem? Are you STILL able to do this?

[IMG]

It is suppose to block that. You CAN enter the room, you cannot however, put props into the doorway. I supposedly fixed this though. Please Confirm so I know whether or not I have to fix it again.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jan 31, 2011
      Yes, you are still able to do that... That's why I made the thread. A couch spawns inside that little room. Bear in mind, Dirtbag, we're talking about v3. I mentioned the distinction because v2 was discussed and presumably resolved in the thread I linked.

In v3, no illegal spots are listed, and the couch still spawns in that room. However, like I said, getting in there isn't impossible. I've been successful the couple times I've tried. We're just looking for a final say on whether or not to enforce that as illegal. Obviously, when a spot isn't listed, players have a hard time agreeing to kill themselves or otherwise remove themselves from a place that they considered legal.

Again, according to BowChica, the v2 of this map has either been fixed or listed as as illegal or both. v3 is the map we're inquiring about.
    • Mar 30, 2010
      On v3 people seem to still be able to put props in. A few got kicked yesterday for being there, although it was not listed on !illegal. Blakout and myself thought it wasn't illegal since its not on the list. The forum post was about v2, were there any changes made to it in v3?
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Bear in mind that you are not allowed to warn players if they are in a spot that is not officially displayed under the '!illegal' command. Do not take any action on players if the command does not list the spot in question.
    • May 15, 2011
      Well wtf BBQ. Either addition testing will have to be made or I will try fixing the spot again. I cannot test maps, hence, I do not know if my edits actually work. It's a pain in the ass but whatever. If someone could please make a demo or take a screenshot of the illegal prop placement on V3 I would be very thankful.

It's not illegal to have props INSIDE the room, ONLY in the doorway. As you see in the pic, having it halfway in and out of the room makes it impossible to move. If the prop is fully inside, it is not illegal, as it would act like any other cade.

Thanks for your time and effort. ^^
    • Nov 11, 2011
      • Like Like x 1
      • Jan 31, 2011
        I can make a demo or screenshot of it if you want one, but it's going to be identical to the one(s) that have already been posted. As I said earlier, YES, you can still do everything with the couch you could previously. We just did it 4 times consecutively during the hour leading up to this thread. Nothing about the physics of the invisible window prevents a couch from passing through it.
        Post Merged, Jul 25, 2012
        I think that's the way to handle it as well, although Dirtbag, Harvey and a few others have said the opposite in this post and the one I linked initially. Both of them have described this particular spot as "officially illegal" even though it doesn't appear on the !illegal list, so you might want to check with them about that. I personally won't be punishing anybody who goes to a spot that isn't listed in !illegal.

If the player checks for illegal spots then goes to one that isn't listed, he or she should not be punished because of our negligence. I hope we can spread that policy to other admins, because there are quite a few who regularly warn, slay, kick, etc. people who are in spots that *they* say are illegal, sometimes citing these forums.

One more thing: It is not impossible to move the couch and access the room when the couch is in that position. I've done it a few times in the past few days. Next time I'm there, I'll try to demo doing that.
        • Informative Informative x 1
          BlakOut, Jul 25, 2012 Last edited by BlakOut, Jul 25, 2012
        • May 15, 2011
          Aight well fuck me. @sajak could you take this one? Here's the .vmf

If not I'll do it later then.
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Oct 29, 2010
            The illegal spots list has always been "including but not limited to." Your statement is not true.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Nov 11, 2011
              I stand corrected. Always bringing your ammunition hunh? >:neutral: But in all seriousness, this opens up a shit load of loop holes for admins but that's LSA territory, I won't partake in it.

Dirtbag, it's 430am, I'll test it after a nap unless you get to it.before me.
            • May 15, 2011
              Aye it's 2:30 AM for me too. It'll be a race to see who wakes up first. :razz:
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • May 15, 2011
                Well I said fuck you func_illusionary and now you guys can enjoy finding the button to open the door.

V4
              • Nov 11, 2011
                Should be easy, considering you provided the vmf :razz: And guess you won, I was too sleepy.
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Jul 16, 2012
                  so we are to enforce this rule of that spot being illegal? sajak is saying no momo is saying yes. idk as of this moment. so im going to go with the LSA's word. (until further notice)
                  Puppy!, Jul 25, 2012 Last edited by ixikitty, Jul 25, 2012
                • May 15, 2011
                  Until the newest update I made is uploaded to the server, yes. I think.
                • Nov 11, 2011
                  Momo overrode my statement, so yes, enforce it.
                • May 14, 2011

Code:
                  -autoconfig -dxlevel 90
                  in your launch controls.

Worked for me. :smile:
                Thread Status:
                Not open for further replies.