Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Clientside mute not working

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Kloud, Jan 4, 2014

1. Apr 3, 2013
    Muting players clientsided with the "Player List" option and then hitting mute seems to rarely work, i've only seen it work like 5 times. Has anyone found a way to make it fully work?
  2. Nov 11, 2011
  3. Feb 1, 2011
  4. Mar 20, 2012

voice_enable 0 if you want to hear nothing, instead of muting everyone with playerlist

voice_overdrive 1 is helpfull too, especially if you dont have silenced gunsounds, set it higher(like 3+) and you are able to hear the people on the mic again.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Mar 30, 2013
      Just don't try to mute players when they are talking in the mic. It won't work.
      When nobody speak, try to mute who you want.

Maybe try to do voice_enable 0, and then start to mute all the spammers from the "Player List", and then do voice_enable 1
    • Apr 1, 2012
      but if you do that, don't you have to reconnect the server because voice_enable 1 won't work otherwise?
    • Mar 30, 2013
      I'm not sure, if we need to reconnect to hear voice again.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      My default is voice_enable 0 and anytime I want to speak or hear someone, I have to type voice_enable 1 and then reconnect.
      • Informative Informative x 1