Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Clientside Muting/Gagging

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Kloud, Mar 8, 2014

1. Apr 3, 2013
    There are times when no admins are on/afk or not doing what they're intended to do, and there are micspammers on. The mute with "Player List" only works when it wants to, and another gaming community has a plugin where you type who you want to mute and you can no longer hear that person. This is clientsided and doesn't affect any players, and I see no reason why this is a bad thing. Gagging would also be useful when people spam the chat with useless stuff.
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Feb 3, 2012
      Player List works fine for me so I don't really know what the deal is. :confused:
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Sep 25, 2010
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • Aug 12, 2012
          ya getting tired of these mic spammer especially at night when usually there no admin on to handle the issue.
        • Feb 3, 2012
          I don't think I've ever had a problem with using the player list to mute others is how I should have said it.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            It doesn't always work for everyone. Luck you, it works for you! D:
          • Dec 17, 2007
            will the client be able to mute/gag admins?…bc if they can and that player is doing something illegal how are admins suppose to warn them?
          • Sep 25, 2010
            They simply won't be able to target them is answer.
          • May 31, 2012
            It doesn't always work for me. Yesterday night was getting rough.
          • Apr 3, 2013
            Gagging was only an optional idea, I just want a player mute.
          • Dec 3, 2012
            ive noticed this problem when im on at night which is almost every night thou im curious hey @Tony the Tiger!! :D is there any way they can put on the server some type of vote mute/gag when there arent any admins on to help with the spamming?
          • Feb 8, 2014
            If it's anything like last night where 5-6 people were talking/yelling over eachother on mic, it might be hard to run a votemute, especially with how many people connect and how many people would just troll and vote no. The playerlist mute phenomena is so weird, as I've never personally had this issue though tons of people have it. I'd totally support a clientside mute plugin. Like Detonator said, I doubt it'd be too complicated to just check for admin flags.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • May 31, 2012
              We've had discussions about votemute and votekick. Even though I use to support the idea... turns out to be not a very good idea... I don't think we'll be taking this route.
            • Dec 3, 2012
              yes i agree now that brad brought up trolling of the vote so yup a troll gonna be a troll lol
            • Mar 30, 2013
              If they spam their mic, when you are trying to mute them, it won't work (in 90% of the case).
            • Feb 3, 2012
              Here's something I'll try and experiment. :razz: