Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Community-run DayZ server?

Discussion in Gaming started by dillinger, Aug 16, 2012

1. Feb 1, 2011
    I'm getting pretty sick of how horribly run the majority of DayZ servers are. For a long time I've been tossing around the idea of taking the dive and renting some hosting for a month so that we could have our own and run it ourselves. Depending on how much it costs, I may even be able to cover the entire charge for the first month (assuming its 40-50 bucks). However, I would need help setting it up, making it a private hive, and all that shit.

If anyone is interested, let me know. Also if you know any good hosting services for DayZ, that would be great to know as well.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Jan 21, 2011
      I would love this if we could keep it hacker free as much as possible.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    • Oct 27, 2010
      I'd love to learn more about how to set something like this up and am willing to help out in anyway I can; school is starting back up for me in September and it'd be a good way to study.
    • May 15, 2011
      If we had our own server I'd start playing again. The other servers are A- Laggy or B- Filled with ASSHOLES.
    • Nov 29, 2010
      I like this idea, I'm all for it and there should be less of this babbling in mumble:
      P1: "Who's that, who's that? *Bam*"
      P2: "Hey, who fuckin shot me"
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • May 5, 2011
      • Nov 6, 2011
        well dill im all for it and ill do my best to back u moneywise so yea we should totally do this ima look into how to make a private hive and shit cuz im tired of the server we are currently playing full of bs :smile:
      • Dec 2, 2011
        I belive I was talking to you about this. I am down and willing to donate/ Provide one.
      • Jun 23, 2011
        That would be awesome and I would try to help in any way possible :smile:
      • Jul 8, 2012
        I'm down. as stated above i can donate/help any way needed.
      • Dec 2, 2011
        Broke College Student lol I'm with ya :wink: