Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Competition Event for Admins on ZM 2

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Highlander, Oct 20, 2011

1. Sep 6, 2010
    I'd like to propose a competition event for admins only. As was earlier introduced by Chels to have the event for regular players and donators on all the servers; this one, however, will only include admins. The server preferably to run it on is ZM #2. The reason for that is it would be nice to promote the server is low on population currently.

1. Admins will compete with each other and 2 with highest scores win
    2. The prizes could be:
    - First place - 2 months admin
    - Second place - 1 month admin
    (any other ideas are welcome)
    3. A senior admin (level 4 or higher) will have to monitor the event and take screen shots of scores after each map
    4. Everyone has to follow the server rules as usual. Not following the rules will result in disqualification from the event
    5. Event time - 3-4 maps chosen by a senior admin
    6. Event date - anytime soon, maybe next week

I think we really need to have these events as they will promote the servers, get admins more interested as well as other players who will see how fun it is here :smile:
    Any relevant input is appreciated.
  2. Aug 20, 2011
  3. Oct 29, 2010
  4. Sep 6, 2010
  5. Jul 23, 2010
    My computer is shipping to me right now. Can we wait til I have it together?
  6. Mar 20, 2011
    Sounds like fun, I am in as long as I am not working on whatever final date gets decided.
  7. Sep 6, 2010
    Yeah, it should run at the most convenient time for everyone. Maybe Friday, Saturday or Sunday evening. The final decision is of course upon root admins :smile: Let our lovely PF admin team have some real fun! :smile:
  8. Apr 29, 2011
    This may be because I am posting at 4:30 in the morning (gotta love spontaneous insomnia), but how will having an admin only event attract new people?

How will a competition only for people who are already a part of this community (Metaphorically and Financially) attract new people?
  9. Aug 4, 2011
  10. Jun 4, 2006
    This was my thought... I'm all for having competitions for our admins as sort of a thank you for supporting us and doing what they do, but honestly right now we should probably be looking at ways to bring in NEW admins / donators because if I'm being honest we've had quite a few cancellations since the summer rush and $ is tight. I wasn't going to do any events or sales though until we were on our new admin system, which relies on our new site, both of which I hope to have up and running this year even if they won't be fully complete come launch time (be patient I'm working alone on this). The timing might warrant a Thanksgiving or Xmas admin/donator sale / event ordeal.

This isn't to say I'm shooting this idea down though, but I'm not too keen on giving out free admin as the prize. Manual additions always get overlooked and is bad practice. Perhaps Josh can gift one of his 500+ games or something...
  11. May 15, 2011

Fine, be that way. :crying:
  12. Oct 27, 2010
  13. Sep 6, 2010
    Simply put, people will see that we have special events for admins, not only doing the admin jobs. This may spark more interest in some admins as well as other people will think of joining the team because we also have nice events here :grin:

So far I can recall only two events being held here: DrinkyThing and Mega Mappers Contest
  14. Nov 14, 2010
    lol @ the idea of giving admins a chance to earn free admin. Maybe this idea would be better for pF is Highlander was going to pay for them.
  15. Sep 6, 2010
    You guys had a Mega Mappers contest not long ago :smile:
  16. Oct 29, 2010
  17. Sep 6, 2010
    Donators and regular players (excluding admins) will have a competition event on all servers sometime in November I believe (proposed by Chels)

My link
  18. Oct 29, 2010

But that sounds good.
  19. Sep 6, 2010
    In this case, I can reward the top admin competitor with a game gift. I was thinking of this game:
    Click Here!
    Or any other game within the same price range. As we'll be going to the new admin system the date of the event is to be determined :smile:
  20. Mar 12, 2008
    Drinkything is for anyone that wants to participate. as long as you're the legal drinking/smoking age for wherever you are.

And aren't a doucher. just read the rules.

was gonna say what Brian/Kyron said too, btw.