Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Computer been "making loud noises"

Discussion in Technical Support started by Kloud, Jul 13, 2013

1. Apr 3, 2013
    So for the past 2 months after installing some new drivers, i've noticed that my computer fans (my guess) have been making alot higher "air swooshing" noise. This is kinda frustrating at nights when i want it to be as silent as possible. This happened right after i installed some new drivers (motherboard, soundcard etc.). I tried reverting everything but motherboard ( did not know how to revert motherboard drivers), and nothing of that helped.

Specs:

AMDPHenom II X6 1100T Processor ~3.3GHz
    4 GB RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6800 series
    Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Aand thats like everything out of dxdiag that i could find. (I'm a computer newb.) My guess is that the newly motherboard drivers i got caused the problems, and i kinda need help reverting them (or could be anything else).
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    Probably the new drivers making the fans run at maximum rpm. Go into your motherboard BIOS, and then take a look at the fan RPM settings. You'll find everything you need there. I prefer to just leave them at auto... but if you know what you're doing, that's the place to be. There are other programs that can control your fans as well.

PS. Go to bed.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jun 23, 2010
      Get a fan controller :razz: Worth the money if you have a lot of fans or want easier control. IMO.

Go to bed.
    • Apr 3, 2013
      How to
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Are the fans actually hitting anything or they're just on high? I'd think that having the motherboard auto-set the fan speeds would be the best idea, so you don't overheat your computer. Since you're a computer newb, I wouldn't really mess with manually turning down the fans, especially if your computer runs hot in a smaller case.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      This. This is why I told him to leave it at auto lol. I say he needs to just live with it. Unless his motherboard randomly decided to have his fans running at max ALL the time... then that is a problem he's going to have to fix. Auto is the best choice.
    • Apr 3, 2013
      They are not hitting anything (as far as i can see/know), and i don't know if it is on high[IMG]

Well, if i knew how to get into that BIOS thing you mentioned earlier, i could see if it is on overloadmaxpowerdestruction mode or not
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Restart your computer, in the beginning loading screen, there should be an option to enter the bios. Should be like F2, F9, F12, or a combination of keys. Press that, then look for your Fan RPM settings. You'll find it.
    • Apr 3, 2013
      • Funny Funny x 3
      • Jun 23, 2010
        Here is a sure way to fix it..... Go to bed.

Serious tho, restart your computer and it should tell you what button to press to boot into the BIOS/Settings.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        @Kloud what case and CPU cooler do you have? And what is the current temperature in your room?
      • Jan 21, 2011
        Its a sign to shut down your pc and go to bed.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
        • Apr 3, 2013
          [IMG]

And heres the case
        • Jun 23, 2010
          Those temps looks pretty high. And that 6,081rpm fan is probably one of the fan that is making a lot of noise.

I'm guessing you're using the stock cooler?
        • Apr 3, 2013
          Probably, yeah. But it all happened after i installed motherboard drivers. But i'll fix the speed once i get bored enough to do so.
        • Dec 6, 2011
          Not sure if those are the CPU temps or not, can't really tell. If anything, you should try grabbing a new CPU cooler if you're stock one is running @ 6k rpm, although that could be an error, I never knew the stock cooler ran that fast lol. The Cooler Master Hyper 212 is like $20-25 here, not sure how much it is where you are but it'd be a big upgrade from the stock coolers AMD gives you.

Is there another way we can see the CPU temps @ load?

Case looks perfectly fine too.
        • Nov 11, 2011
          That fan is going crazy fast. Can you use a program like HWMonitor and screenshot that? These are mine atm, stock cooled:

[IMG]
        • Apr 3, 2013
        • Nov 11, 2011
          lol 0 deg C? What. Something is seriously wrong with your sensors here. The RPM's seem fine from HWMonitor's pov. Hmmm. Maybe that's why it's running them at full speed?
        • Jun 23, 2010
          He's probably running a factory of LN2 in the computer lol. You might wanna reseat the CPU, and re-plug all the fans on the board.