Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Computer desk

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by FluffehKitteh, Mar 11, 2014

1. Oct 18, 2012
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Apr 1, 2012
      make one yourself, or seduce the hunky guy next door to make one for you

and then kill him.
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Jul 8, 2012

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
      • Jun 23, 2010
        If you got extra, the ikea Galant is a beautiful desk. That is what I am getting next.
      • Nov 17, 2012
        I built my own desk. None of the shops had my dimensions or anything close to it. I wanted a deep, rather small desk. I think it was 80 x 140 I wanted, but anything 140 was 60 or wasn't the type of desk I wanted.

I went to a kitchen Benchtop place and they gave me an offcut of one of their laminates (which looks / feels so good) for $60. They cut it to size (80 x 138).

Next I chucked some Ikea Legs on the desk and boom. Easy :smile:

Pic from a while ago.

[IMG]
        • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
        • Mar 26, 2009
          I'd just go find an office supply liquidation and grab a desk from there. They'll be worn, but way better than the garbage particle board/glue/plastic sandwich board desks they sell at Target/Walmart/etc.

And the office supply liquidations are generally dirt cheap.
        • Mar 19, 2011
          http://www.staples.com/Ameriwood-Tiverton-Executive-Desk-Expert-Plum/product_718416

Big and spacious, probably one I'm gonna get myself, you have until 3/15 to purchase.

Edit:

If you use this link you get a access to a code for $30 off a $60 or more purchase for Staples. Be sure to turn off location services and wifi on your phone or the code may not work. I was able to receive the message but the code didn't work until I got help from another individual so YMMV.

http://images.revtrax.com/RevTrax/p...Id=15816079&viewType=prePrint&channel=display

Proof: staples code proof
          N B K, Mar 12, 2014 Last edited by N B K, Mar 12, 2014
        • Oct 18, 2012
          Glass is nice, I used to have one but unless it's high quality you'll start getting worried about stress cracks and dropping hard objects on it by accident. Mine actually chipped after a couple years from dropping something on it and had to file it down so I wouldn't get cut/gouged in the wrist every time I used it. Eventually replaced it with medium quality wood, no more stress! Though, the glass does look nice!
          • Like Like x 1
          • May 7, 2012
            Only one thing there not cheep for what they are :struggle:
          • Dec 30, 2006
            Luff has an employee/resident discount. He'll hook you up. How else did you think he got LSA?
            • Funny Funny x 3
            • Jun 23, 2010
              Oh heeeeeeey!
            • Jun 11, 2012
              I have a Ikea desk that I got quick when I moved because my lap is not made for a desktop....it's made for lasagna