Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Computer freezing issues

Discussion in Help Desk started by goomba, Sep 14, 2011

1. Sep 4, 2011
    The past couple of days whenever I've been having freezing issues while playing counter strike. When I'm in game play randomly it will freeze for a good 10 seconds then unfreeze and I'll be able to play. Same thing goes when I join a server and choose to spectate or etc. it freezes up and it does the same thing. The only thing that I've noticed outside playing cs is when I'm browsing through the internet it will start freezing randomly doing the same thing again. I'm really baffled my computer can handle any game and is built for gaming purposes only. If anyone has an idea of what it is feel free to throw out your opinions.
  2. Aug 1, 2011
    Run a defrag on the game it's self, also on your HDD, and run a scan disk with search and repair damaged files enabled, any file corruption will cause this, and may be repaired by these, also do a memory diagnostic, it has to be scheduled from the administrative tools section of the control panel. Also, check your drivers, they may be out of date.

Firefox has a bad habit of doing this when loading large files or plugins, just fyi if you use that browser.
    If it keeps happening, do a fresh install of the game. If all else fails, do a complete reinstall of windows, and update everything before actually installing games and other programs.
  3. May 20, 2011
    Update your network driver. That will probably fix it.
  4. Oct 21, 2010
    You might have a lot of clutter on your HD. Defrag the HD like toast said and that might help. I had the same prob a long time ago and ran defrag on my HD and it worked great. Or you can just buy a mac. lol

5. Sep 4, 2011
    How do I update my network driver?
  6. Feb 20, 2011
    The same way you shot web.

Joking, open the device manager, look down the list to "Network Adapters", right click on what yours is, and click "Update Drivers" if that fails to turn up anything, take note of what yours is called, and get them directly from the manufacture.

7. Sep 4, 2011
    All my drivers are up to date I even uninstalled counter strike and re installed it and its still doing it.