Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Compy v.1.0

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by brownieapple, Jan 21, 2012

1. Dec 6, 2011
    link me to the res mount? And this stuff is all jacked up, just got off of the phone and finally some things were cleared up. My order for my raven and i5 2500k has gone through, and my other one was cancelled. So now I have to wait for NCIX to hurry the fuck up on my credit card account verification.... >.>... Because I really need to start buying my other things.
  2. Jan 10, 2009
    the mount
  3. Oct 22, 2007
    those small ones will have a small sheet that goes all the way across, way to much effort to cut them piece by piece. The others are just cut from a longer piece that comes with your water block. Easy as balls man. Again ati looks great in a case, hahahaa...
    Also get the F'n Monsoon!!!
    [IMG]
  4. Jan 10, 2009
    oh well everything is in except the MONSOON! should be here tomorrow night. just wait. i just need to think about some lighting.
  5. Dec 6, 2011
    Yes but make sure you do some research on lighting, because you can get some really shitty ones... and I mean shitty. If you want options and a great quality product, buy these:

Phobya multilight

The required controller for it (it supports up to 3 seperate light sticks) and I know, it's a nice little scam to get you to buy the controller seperate and all, but this product is really great. I'd get 3 strips w/ a controller if I were you.

6. Jan 10, 2009

my res/pump is delivered. buuut i won't be able to get it until later tonight. so i am already putting everything in and prepped for the res which will be the only thing i will have to stick a tube on really. other than the 240, the inlet for the cpu and the outlet hole for the video cards. :grin: WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO. shit is almost complete.

hey quietly i was looking at those the other day actually. i'm gonna do a good bit of research on lighting options. and i need to order some fittings maybe. some of the bends i have to make are reallllllly tight. you'll see.
  7. Feb 18, 2011
    Just plugged my gtx 260 into my current comp (xps 7100) and I can't wait to do some game tests.
  8. Dec 6, 2011
    Sweet =D Make sure you post those benchmarks here. I love the look of the high performance GTX 200 series, they look so sweet. Want EVGA or somebody to bring back this design....
    [IMG]

And here's my BFG 260 that's sadly collecting dust =(
    [IMG]
  9. Jan 10, 2009
    i've yet to have a reference card. though next time i buy one i will be getting the reference design for the full cover water blocks.

oh yeah. little update again. pics in a bit. everything is under water. full leak test. good temps.
  10. Dec 6, 2011
    yea, the full cover blocks are very nice. NCIX STILL has my order is limbo, fucking annoying. I can't go and buy my shit from somewhere else because I'm still not sure if they're going to charge me or not..... Never fucking buying from them again. This is the 2nd time something like this has happened with them.
  11. Jan 10, 2009

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  12. Dec 6, 2011

Also, how is the 240 radiator on there (specifically)? Could you take some pictures around it to show where it's attached?

Also, I've managed to use my astounding powers to build an exact copy of your case, but with the Frozen Q mod Reservoir instead. Take a look at how much better that is!!

[IMG]
  13. Jan 10, 2009
    yeah i can do that. i used those rad mounts i mentioned a few posts back.

oh did i mention this was my first time? :wink:
  14. Dec 6, 2011
    Yea isn't it easy? I'd have to say my first water cool project was one of my best, so those people who pussy out of water cooling because they say it's hard, need to look at the facts XD

Also I think you missed my edit of last post, take a look at it above.
  15. Jan 10, 2009
    yeah it is insanely easy. the hardest part is figuring out the the layout and the best/shortest way to route the tubes. oh and buy a big case. the lanboy was tough.

lolololz it looks nice but i love my Monsoon haha

sorry for the bad exposures. i had to over expose to see anything.

plate mounted to the case.
    [IMG]

the rounded edge to the left goes to the plate that is mounted to the case
    [IMG]

same thing for the bottom as the top.
    [IMG]
  16. Dec 6, 2011
    Wow this is nice, I need one that'll mount onto the back of my Raven. Though, so far, a lot of newer build pics are convincing me that I'll only need a 180x2 and a 120 radiator. The only problem is, I want to keep that 120mm fan as a nice exhaust fan, and not a radiator pulling in interior heat. And I'm about to say fuck it with NCIX and just order my parts from amazon/newegg right now. I'll just have to deal with some shit if they try to bill me a week after I was declined....
  17. Jan 10, 2009
    :smile: well i'm glad you like it.

yeah just buy it. and if they charge you still just call your bank and have them reverse it.
  18. Dec 6, 2011
    I don't feel like going through all of the shit again is what I'm saying lol. And NCIX has the 2500k for $30 cheaper than anybody.... so that's why I wanted it to just go through.
  19. Jan 10, 2009
    well have you heard anything yet? are they still holding your money?
  20. Dec 6, 2011
    Well right now they still are showing that my order is waiting to process with them, so I called my bank and they said they'll just deny their charge if they try to. So I'm just going to go with Amazon, free shipping on the Raven anyways, not $30 to bring it over from China or whatever.