Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Concerning Rule 12.

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Vader, Apr 29, 2013

1. Dec 11, 2011
    The rule states Do not use out-of-game methods to avoid getting killed, muted or gagged.
    • This includes rejoining the server or going to spectate.
    • Punishment: Warn -> Temporary Ban(1hour to 1day length)
    This is about the spectate system that is apparently in the ZM. Zombie Mod has been around for years, and it never had spectate, because you could never kill yourself using kill in console and then go to spectate. Now that this system is in, which I don't see it anymore, because of some problems with it, I am having concerns of rule 12.

Technically and logically speaking, isn't going spectate at the round start considered "avoiding death" because you are joining a team right after zombies spawn. You don't have to be stabbed, to become a zombie, which is an issue I am having, because of the word "RANK". The people who only care about rank, will just keep on abusing this "spectate" system, think about having 20 zombies at round start, do you have time to cade? This mod is about surviving as a human, not the other way around. Always has, and always will, so why change now?
    Also, if the system is gone, because I don't see it anymore, can you reconnect the server at the round start? Which also, technically and logically speaking, is avoiding death.

- Sorry for this thread, I am just confused about this rule "12", when going spectate, and rejoining a server is fine.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dec 6, 2011
      I, myself, am confused about the outcome of the other thread about this. It didn't make much sense saying "going to spectate is OK now", or something along those lines.

Could we get some clarification on this rule?
    • Jul 1, 2010
      Spectate was enabled for people to use prior to zombies spawning, and it is not okay to use sm_spec to go to spectate and spawn as a zombie as it would be command abuse. If a zombie is in close proximity and there is a threat of being stabbed, then disconnecting would be avoiding a death.
      Dharkk, Apr 29, 2013 Last edited by Dharkk, Apr 29, 2013
    • Oct 29, 2010
      Is rank whoring really so important to you guys that you want us to twist rules around to make it fit this stupid gray area?
      • Agree Agree x 4
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Dec 6, 2011
        So, avoiding death is still against the rules no matter the situation, and a spectate option was added for all non-admins to go to spectate to be a zombie in the beginning of the round (before the mother zombies spawn)?
      • Jul 1, 2010
        Yes, you can not avoid a death. Also see my post again cuz I rapidly edited it like 5 times >.>
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Rank whoring has nothing to do with this, Vader contacted me because admins are seen avoiding death by moving to spectate to avoid hurting their rank or something. So it'd be the other way around. I suggested he create a thread to verify this rule.
      • Oct 29, 2010
        You can't say rank has nothing to do with it and then include rank in your description of the problem...
      • Jan 11, 2012
      • Oct 29, 2010
        While we're over-examining rules, keep in mind it says "avoid getting killed," not "avoid death." To be killed someone has to be there to kill you, as they are moving to spec before zombies spawn, this is obviously not the case.
      • Aug 17, 2012
        What -Vader- is trying to figure out is if rejoining to become a zombie is allowed since use of admin command to go spectate is not. The main reason this thread was made is because spectating before zombies spawn is currently disabled (not sure if intentional or not) and certain people are rejoining in placement of this.

A thread or an official post agreed on by majority of the higher ups if what I am currently looking for. Everyone is going back and forth about this.
      • Dec 11, 2011
        Yes, you just proved the point, your arguement is flawed. You are avoiding getting killed by going spectate at round start, because you DON'T have to be killed to be a zombie. Logic? I don't even know anymore.
      • Oct 29, 2010
        If that was the only purpose of the thread, then yes, it's perfectly allowed.
        Really, you can kill other humans before zombies spawn in ZM? This sounds like a pretty huge problem.
      • Feb 8, 2013
        Chained, I think in that reply, Momo was actually replying to Brett.
      • Aug 17, 2012

So once again, I'm assuming having spectate disabled is not intentional and should be fixed?
      • Dec 11, 2011
        No, but it increases the zombie ratio at round start. Would you want to see 20 people start as zombies right away? How fun would that be? Will just ruin the mod. Like I said, ZM never had spectator, so why make it now? Just because two people kept on abusing it, doesn't mean it should be a "thing" now.
      • Oct 29, 2010
        Having spectate enabled was causing some problems, mainly this.

If we can find a work-around, I'm sure it will be done, but for the time being it is unknown what will come of the situation.
        On our extremely human sided server, yes I would personally love to see 20 starting zombies. Also, for the record, ZM is defaulted to allow spec before zombies spawn, we have/had it disabled for the reason above.
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • Feb 8, 2013
          That's actually untrue. Many people refuse to play as zombie because they find it extremely challenging. Of course, people who are use to playing zombie would not think that way. Why do you think there are more zombies around that are afk than there is the ones actually trying to get the humans? Right now, if some of the people like us (Seventh, me, you, Chained, etc...) aren't here, humans would always win. They have always been winning without the people who like playing zombies. So in order to make it balance, you let the people who enjoy playing zombie to play so they can actually make the effort to stab humans.
        • Dec 6, 2011
          As I said, Vader contacted me because he said there were Admins spectating themselves at the beginning of the round to avoid death, so I told him to create a thread. I'm not sure if Vader is thinking about rank or not, but I'm simply trying to clarify things.

It would seem kind of annoying for players just to instantly make themselves zombies so they can "rank whore" all they want, but IIRC, ZM has become extremely human sided with the large maps and shorter round times than before. So I don't really care for this new "spectate at the beginning of the round" implementation, but as I said, things have become very human sided.
        • Dec 11, 2011
          Yes, spectate was there, for a reason, if you are AFK, you can go spectate, NOT to become a zombie. Now that there is a AFK-MAN, that puts you to spectate if you are AFK. Spectate wasn't designed for people to avoid being stabbed to become a zombie. Wasn't designed to rank-whore.